Critique Through the keyhole

Name
Stu
Edit My Images
Yes
Got out sunday to play hares for the day we left early and the day was long,as usual two thiings happened they rang rings around me and hard as it is to own I was seriously found wanting. didn't see any boxing those images close and full frame I so want. Did have a stunniing chance in a copse backlit which I completely blew, which would have added something different to me hare pics I already have. It was a monster chance for me missed it kinda hurt all day. I did grab a chance up a track sort of got something just as the hare realized withing two bounds it would be on top of me ,looks like a coiled up spring, but again all a bit tight.

So here we are right at the back end of the day times running out light is sweet..so I sneak down the back of a drystone wall it's broken and long fallen, but it makes getting closer in a short space of time easier, just that bit of cover. My problem is Ii've got to make the image through a sheep fence.sheep netting and there is old dry grass wrapped through the mesh

So it's that threading the needle malarky finding the keyhole..if I can find that then I'm into that MSM thing I love. and maybe after all that I have an image to keep. It isn't cropped and maybe a tad central but hey

560mm 1/2000 f7.1 ISO 6400 dpp pulled the blues right back after my first attempt at post in PSCC then it's curves and levels basically
Ta for reading as always crit very welcome

_S2I3942through the keyhole by Stuart Philpott, on Flickr

take care

stu

Very nice wildlife style capture Stuart, liking this pic' very much.

Nice catch, tricky sods to nail down at the minute :LOL:
It hurts when a chance fails, but makes the next one a real heart warmer, more so if your freezing your backside off too.

PS.. no crit from me :)

TFS :)
Felt a bit like a panto Gav..."it's behind you"

ya turn round

"oh no it's not" :runaway:

Oh soddin' 'ell:headbang:

It is how it is Gav somedays it don't matter what you touch it goes pear shaped...some days get sprinkled with fairy dust and it's almost like you couldn't put a foot wrong if you tried.

It's never really a negative for me Gav just seems to make me want more but yeah ya got to giggle at yourself some proper epic gaffs:LOL:

Ha and yup jees wasn't that wind cold......when you are on the floor it's startling how cold the ground is...and they just hunker down onto it like it's a bed with leccy blanket. Remarkable creatures..

Oh mate I didn't see any but you might be interested...................... we have leverets here. My keeper mate put us wise as to where he had seen 2 we walked miles in hope, mind they are terribly vunerable there is so so little cover right now

Might get scuppered this weekend will see how my plumbing works out.shame desparate to get back.

Ta on frame do like playing about shooting through veggies....for sure a work in progress but this type of frame does appeal to me

Oh mate I didn't see any but you might be interested...................... we have leverets here. My keeper mate put us wise as to where he had seen 2 we walked miles in hope, mind they are terribly vunerable there is so so little cover right now
Great to hear, good luck, I've been checking the edges and hedges but nothing yet.

Nice Stu, the keyhole effect works. At first, I thought it was a shallow DOF at low level but now I see it.

Nice Stu, the keyhole effect works. At first, I thought it was a shallow DOF at low level but now I see it.
Hey matey it's friday yeeee haaaa :D :love:

thanks for the comments and your time Dale. ya good bro? I likes me mush mate

All digits crossed after much missconstrued ( sp?) logic some incredibly evocative builders lingo:runaway:;).. Alot of banging and tapping and drainiing in JUST the right places..I think in the last ten 20 mins I have sorted my heating.plumbing debacle.

Which has great relevance to said hare piccy. It basically means if things pan out I'm going to be able to go again this weekend and not be a plumber which was dread. They say it's goiing to get cold next week so no heat no hot water would be no fun.

Ha ha mate happy place...sure I won't see any boxing an the hares will run rings around me ,bro, and I'll mess up me chances, but hey I'm back in chance land(y)

Soz bud so tired so happy needed to share:)

Hi Stu
Lovely image and very much like the framing.
Thanks David, it was lovely to get a chance. in such nice light ...........

ha ha the joy of them Dave ........... they did run rings around me AGAIN. not a shutter press this weekend sure time had been compressed but nowt to share or stare at. is harrd when hope is high

As we left we picked up 5 playing chase in the dark, in our headlights ( i'm sure it was salt in the wound stuff)

one day buddy

one day

Back