Tower Bridge in London

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
No
img_7493-edit-2.jpg

I assume everyone knows where this is. Yes thats right, Toronto. Of course its actually London. Just before taking this shot I missed the bridge going up, which was a bit annoying. I need to go back when theres a dramatic sky and HDR this bridge. I imagine it will look fantastic.

In other news my 30D still isn’t working right. 5 shots then err99. I’ve tried everything. I’ll ring Canon on Monday and discuss things. However after using a Nikon D200 the other day while at the Aperture event I must admit that I am very tempted to swap. I think I’ll get the 30D fixed and look into ebaying it. I reckon I could get enough for my current gear, especially with the 100-400 to get a nice D200 + 10-20 and 24-70. Sure people say they’re noisy but I like that. In a couple of days I could have a NikonD200 category.

Camera: Canon 30D // Sigma 10-20 // Focal Length: 20.0mm // Exposure Time: 1/200 // Aperture: f/8.0 // ISO: 100 // Exposure Bias: -1.00

Share This

More...

Nice shot mate. Oh, and regarding the Nikon, you know it makes sense!!

That page isn't loading but I have tried everything, including no lenses. I hope Nikon errors are clearer.

So you might be joining the darkside then Pete? :clap: Nice shot but like you say its missing a dramatic sky to be a bit more eye catching.

I would love to have a decent sky in the shot. It would be perfect then. I felt like Superman without his powers on that day. Nothing to HDR at all! I just had to rely on good composition and not cheat ;) But yeah after playing with a d200 everything people said seems true. The body and layout is slightly better than a 30D and the menu system is nicer. I've been tempted by a d70 for IR work so I could get one of those further down the line.

A friend has a D200 plus the battery grip really comfortable in the hand, always found that with nikons though everything just seems to be in the right place. HDR is not cheating is just well kind of cheating but gives the pictures extra impact.

:clap: I like that a lot

Glad you guys like the shot. As for the D200, well come 12pm I had an odd change of heart. You could say I would have been a fool to jump ship, especially with it being April n all ;)

LOL rich, that's a good comeback. :D

(I'll have you know I was up at 9:15 actually).
And asleep on the couch by 11.

The only reason I checked this thread was to see if Pete was actually serious. So it was a big April Fools swizz eh? Fine, stick with your 'Error 99' then!! ;)

Doesnt happen with Nikons.... :p

:LOL:

Carry on banging your head against a wall Pete. :bang:

Dont really like the photo, well its the sky that I dont like, skies are not usually black. Hopefully you can get back there for an HDR attempt. :)

King.

Dont really like the photo, well its the sky that I dont like, skies are not usually black.

Life isn't black and white or infrared or selectively coloured either :) I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just trying to justify why I did it :)

Like the shot. On my monitor the sky looks slightly green.It does not look wrong!!!!! . Is it supposed to look like this?.

LOL - nice one Pete! I did wonder why you'd ever want to head over to the dark side! ;)

Oh and nice shot - I like what you've done to the sky!

Matt

Nice shot, not to sure about the sky? Here is one from the other side
pic

I like it apart from the water in the foreground.

Still very good though (y)

Back