Transfering pics to Computer

Name
Rikki
Edit My Images
Yes
Do you have to have the CD supplied with the camera installed before your pc will recognise the camera?
Didn't get the correct disc supplied when I bought my camera, and when I connect my camera to my mac, nothing shows up..

:(

You can normally download the software from the manufacturers website. Look for `Support`> `Downloads` (or similar.

personally I donot down load pics from the camera useing the supplied soft ware.

I just plug the camera in and go to my computer and its there.
Click on it and cut paste files to a file on the PC.

Spike

personally I donot down load pics from the camera useing the supplied soft ware.

I just plug the camera in and go to my computer and its there.
Click on it and cut paste files to a file on the PC.

Spike

It doesnt show up for me though..
Im using a mac btw.

You can normally download the software from the manufacturers website. Look for `Support`> `Downloads` (or similar.

Ok il go have a look for that now, is thats just whats supplied on the disc?

It doesnt show up for me though..
Im using a mac btw.

iphoto or Picasa should do it. If you have Aperture, Lightroom or PS, then use those. I haven't even touched the bundled software.

iphoto or Picasa should do it. If you have Aperture, Lightroom or PS, then use those. I haven't even touched the bundled software.

Yeah im not wanting the software for editing purposes,
its for locating the camera when I plug it in im having difficulties with, and thought it was because I havmt installed anything onto my mac that would find the camera.

Hi

If it's just for downloading images, I'd highly recomend a card reader, in my experience, downloads much quicker and you don't need to install the USB drivers etc for the comp to recognise the Camers.

Hi

I recently purchased a mac and had problems getting it to recognise the camera - I downloaded EOS Utility from Canon and it now works and downloads the pics fine, although it does take some time to recognise the camera so you need to be patient.

Hi

If it's just for downloading images, I'd highly recomend a card reader, in my experience, downloads much quicker and you don't need to install the USB drivers etc for the comp to recognise the Camers.

:agree:

Card readers are generally much quicker/better than connecting the camera each time.

On a Mac you can also use Image Capture which will be in your Applications folder.

Card readers are the way to go though! :)

On a Mac you can also use Image Capture which will be in your Applications folder.

Card readers are the way to go though! :)

As above.

Finder - Applications - Image Capture. You can set it to import photos by default when connected to your camera.

iPhoto can also import by default if you want it to.

Card reader. See the card in Finder and copy them manually to a specified folder. This would be no. 1 option for me.

Hi

Yes, and it saves running down the camera battery.

Ah ok, thanks guys. Gout myself a card reader now.
Much better set up.
Will allow me to start uploading some of my attempts at photography on here now... :p

Back