Trying HDR for the first time...

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
Yes
Having a play with some AEB shots I did the other night...

Comments welcome....

Westminster HDR

Big Ben HDR

London eye HDR

a quickr pickr post

I like these, but I am a fan of HDR.

Nice work and I would suggest keep going and experiment with the settings................I have and you can get some interesting results.

Like these...
Don't stop experimenting ....and you will see the results.

Nice:D

icemanonline

Considered bad manners to post images in another's thread.

OP

#1 looks oof
#2 cut half the Thames out and I believe the composition would work. Processing is a little heavy handed IMO
#3 again looks oof but I like the composition and colours

Did you use a tripod? I presume so. Was it a windy day? Did you use a cable release? Was image stabilisation switched off? All suggestions as to possible reasons for oof images, shake.

Some lovely colours and tones so keep at it (y)

Considered bad manners to post images in another's thread.

OP

#1 looks oof
#2 cut half the Thames out and I believe the composition would work. Processing is a little heavy handed IMO
#3 again looks oof but I like the composition and colours

Did you use a tripod? I presume so. Was it a windy day? Did you use a cable release? Was image stabilisation switched off? All suggestions as to possible reasons for oof images, shake.

Some lovely colours and tones so keep at it (y)

I was giving some kinda indication of what can be achieved in HDR photography

and

*Considered bad manners to post images in another's thread.*

Was not my intention at all. If I did annoy the member I will delete and reframe from doing so again....... But I think i may have been better coming from him and not you!!

And,again as a 1st attempt at HDR I think his images are fine and not as bad as you make them out with your nit picking observations.

Some People!! :bonk:

What an idiot.

icemanonline

Last edited:
Damn PC crashed in the middle of replying...

Agree on the not crisp on 1 and 3. I did use a tripod with a remote release but didn't turn IS off as it is a modern lens and says it doesn't need me too.

#2 has the same settings used as 1-3 so not sure why the treatment looks so harsh...

As to posting images in my thread, it was done with the best of intentions so I don't mind in this case.

Cheers

really like number three, just the light from the boat is a little distracting as its not a continuous line.

Nice HDR also, not overdone as most seem to get on a first attempt.

In regards to bad manners for posting images, must be a unique thing to this forum, seems he was only trying to offer some help

None of them seem sharp enough to work for me.

I like 3 the best but the horizon not being straight puts me off.

Loved the pic of the boat, Andy, I'd love to be able to do that.

In fact, I've just realised the pic of the boat is in Pittenweem. I've walked past that self same boat in the same spot and not realised it's potential - annoying......

Back