upcoming flickr changes

Name
Jeff
Edit My Images
No
looks like I have missed the info re-this as I have been otherwise occupied through June , but just looked into flickr and it seems that comments etc is due to change on 5th July ,not to sure how it will work out yet ,any other users of flickr got a p.o.v on it ?

looks like I have missed the info re-this as I have been otherwise occupied through June , but just looked into flickr and it seems that comments etc is due to change on 5th July ,not to sure how it will work out yet ,any other users of flickr got a p.o.v on it ?
What changes are these? Not heard anything from them.

I was under the impression that it was only the "People" list that was changing - could be wrong though :thinking:

People You Follow is retiring on July 5, 2023. Use the Activity Feed to see the latest uploads from your contacts and groups.
I doubt that I would notice this change!

Flickr used to be pretty good until that Yahoo decided to change it for the good of phone users. I just use it to host on here really.

Binned it years ago, it's very expensive for what it is.
Most folk just want the "likes" and "we have added your image to "insert whatever group here".

I've only ever used it to put pictures on for use on this forum as it is a pretty convenient way of doing it. I didn't even notice there were things like 'likes' and followers, just thought it was a free image store.

Binned it years ago, it's very expensive for what it is.
Most folk just want the "likes" and "we have added your image to "insert whatever group here".
I’ve heard nothing about the changes. I never worry about comments or likes anyway.

Personally, I don’t think it’s an unreasonable cost - around £1 a week for unlimited storage - and after an invoice hiccough last year, they’ve offered me a discount for my next annual sub

I use it for hosting for stuff here, sharing albums with family & friends, and as a central off site repository for my best photos - although best is a very subjective perspective :)

I’ve heard nothing about the changes. I never worry about comments or likes anyway.

Personally, I don’t think it’s an unreasonable cost - around £1 a week for unlimited storage - and after an invoice hiccough last year, they’ve offered me a discount for my next annual sub

I use it for hosting for stuff here, sharing albums with family & friends, and as a central off site repository for my best photos - although best is a very subjective perspective :)
Me too.

I only upload photos to flickr just so I can share them in here.

I do have a bunch of flickr groups that I visit from time to time - a couple street photography ones where some top work gets shared. So, if you find the right groups, some great stuff is still being shared. and quite a few people are ditching or spending less time on instagram.

I also visit gear specific groups - just to see what other people are creating with a particular camera.

Whats really annoyed me about Instagram, is they've removed the ability to view 'most recent' on a hashtag. I really like to see what people are currently posting - so I go to flickr for that. Mostly fim camera specific hashtags

Just to add, I have paid for flickr in the past - but wouldn't pay now. I have 60ish photos on my private photostream that can be accessed using a link

Last edited:
Back