Updated 5 July: Dan's FIFA World Cup Photography Blog - Argentina v Germany

Thanks for coming back and updating us Dan. :)

You've got some excellent pictures on your website, and not just of the World Cup. (y)

My favourite of the World Cup pics is #4. I love the look on the South Korean players face.

Of the other sports pics, I love the Wales v Italy Rugby match pic, they way the Italian player looks like he's putting everything into tackling the Welsh player . :)

Thanks mate, that piccie of the Korean player is one of my favs :)

Just had a look at your web site....fantastic. Having seen the quality of your work they make mine look like $hite;)

They definitely don't, but thanks :)

Great shots on the website - just looks a little odd on the homepage with the tennis player in the millennium stadium.

Gotta say I'm in awe of the quality of your work

Yeah she does look strange in the Millenium (well spotted) but I quite like that.

Thanks matey :)

Dan Having just seen your website all I can say is OMG :clap: (y) :notworthy:

The quality and variety of the work on there is just stunning and something i'd love to match even a quarter of the standard.

I've just set off on the long road, and I'm making it my mission to get taken on by an agency in the next couple of years.

Would love to know what you think of my work so far, all junior local stuff to date. http://www.philcarverphotography.com/portfolio98494.html

Also in your world cup gallery, just how on earth did you light the portrait of Arjen Robben :thinking:, I mean how did you get it pitch black in the background. Is that just clever OCF work going on there?

I enjoyed reading the blog during the WC, thanks. Nice website as well.

Here, Here

Cheers matey.

Dan Having just seen your website all I can say is OMG :clap: (y) :notworthy:

The quality and variety of the work on there is just stunning and something i'd love to match even a quarter of the standard.

I've just set off on the long road, and I'm making it my mission to get taken on by an agency in the next couple of years.

Would love to know what you think of my work so far, all junior local stuff to date. http://www.philcarverphotography.com/portfolio98494.html

Also in your world cup gallery, just how on earth did you light the portrait of Arjen Robben :thinking:, I mean how did you get it pitch black in the background. Is that just clever OCF work going on there?

Thanks a lot mate, glad you enjoyed em. Good luck with your plans, the best advice I can give you is something you are already doing.. get out there photograph sport and hassle people for opportunities.. then nail it when the opportunities come about!

Will have a look at your site for sure.

The Arjen Robben pic at the start of the gallery is just using stadium lighting. The effect is caused due to him being quite close to camera and the stadium lights being so high and forward of the stands which killed the already dark background. As he walked towards me at the end of the game I also underexposed by a stop to make the most of the contrast.

I enjoyed reading the blog during the WC, thanks. Nice website as well.

No probs mate, glad you enjoyed.. just sorry I didn't finish it!

Last edited:
Hey mods.. Thanks so much for making this a sticky but I reckon it can probably be released from it's sticky home now. The World Cup is like like soooo uncool now :)

*shameless plug* If anyone wants to see a few of my fav pics from South Africa then don't forget to check out http://www.danrowley.co.uk

Duly unstuck Dan. Thanks for sharing your experiences. (y)

Just had a look at your site as well and I love the photo of the racehorses in the snow!

Back