Updated 5 July: Dan's FIFA World Cup Photography Blog - Argentina v Germany

The photo of the Portugese goalie is amazing, some seriously cracking shots.

Hi guys. Thanks for all your kind comments, really appreciated.

A very quick update from tonight's England v Slovenia game on the blog http://colorsportworldcup.blogspot.com/ lots of pics from the game and a bit of waffle about what I'm up to.

Really pleased we're through to the knock-out stages but qualifying second does mean that I have a mammoth drive to Bloemfontain for the game, I'll be covering 2400km in 3 days next week so wish me luck.

Here's a two pics, more on the blog.

csp_wc_slovenia_england_230610_99216.jpg

csp_wc_slovenia_england_230610_99509.jpg

csp_wc_slovenia_england_230610_100655.jpg

www.colorsport.co.uk

Last edited:
Superb catchup read and shots Dan.
The goalkeeper shot is superb as is the Joe Cole one.
Living the dream matey (y)

Brilliant set again Dan..enjoying following the blog! Another hard earned Castle..enjoy

Dan,

Enjoying reading this thread / blog - quality of pics is top notch!

I know Cape Town pretty well - been a few times - a great place. One thing is bugging me. Exactly where is that studio that Lineker is in, with views of Green Point and TM / Signal Hill in the distance..... Has to be getting on towards the V&A Waterfront?

Dan,

Enjoying reading this thread / blog - quality of pics is top notch!

I know Cape Town pretty well - been a few times - a great place. One thing is bugging me. Exactly where is that studio that Lineker is in, with views of Green Point and TM / Signal Hill in the distance..... Has to be getting on towards the V&A Waterfront?

Thanks matey. The BBC studio is on top of the Hospital right between the V&A and Green point. The have a temp studio on it's roof with a a temp elevator that runs up the side of the hospital. Pretty amazing location for the studio.

the Blog is great and the photos are outstanding, I love the keeper in the rain shot..:notworthy:

Agreed, the shot of the goalie in the rain is fantastic, as is the low key feel of the Joe Cole shot. Look forward to seeing more gooduns!

(PS. Not jealous of having to be in earshot of 30,000+ vuvuzelas!)

I've moved this to Sports as there are now piccies in it. I've also made it a sticky8 for now.

Oh, and that goalie shot is Awesome! (y)

Hi guys, thanks for all the comments once more. Really great to know people are interested in what we're doing out here.

Thanks Fabs for putting the thread in it's right place and for making it a sticky.. most honoured :)

Anyway, another blog post is live at http://colorsportworldcup.blogspot.com/ from the Netherlands v Cameroon game in Cape Town tonight. I couldn't have been less enthusiastic about covering it as I'm totally knackered but it was actually a pretty fun evening with the fans on top form.

Here's a few pics, lots more on the blog :)

csp_wc_netherlands_cameroon_240610_101661.jpg

csp_wc_netherlands_cameroon_240610_101715.jpg

csp_wc_netherlands_cameroon_240610_102716.jpg

www.colorsport.co.uk

Dream job!

Love the Joe Cole shot, stunning

Thanks matey :)

Fascinating insight and some great pictures, especially the goalkeeper in the rain.

Thanks very much, glad it's of interest.

the Blog is great and the photos are outstanding, I love the keeper in the rain shot..:notworthy:

Thanks v.much mate :)

just read some of your blog now - top bombing!!

Thanks mate.

Agreed, the shot of the goalie in the rain is fantastic, as is the low key feel of the Joe Cole shot. Look forward to seeing more gooduns!

(PS. Not jealous of having to be in earshot of 30,000+ vuvuzelas!)

Thanks mate.. and you know you do kinda get used to the Vuvuzelas. If I hear one in the UK though I will kill!

This photo is so perfect. Actually love it.

Edit: Just seen the comments above...seems I'm not the only one!

Thanks very much :)

Wow, love it :D

Sad as this sounds, I was watching England v Slovenia to check out which snappers were there...I saw you after the defoe goal and thought you must have been in a perfect spot for the goal and the cele! Jammy git with your allocations...though I think I saw Pottsy in the same row so I guess PA got most of the papers?!

Unmistakeable profile pottsy - his head perfectly matches the curve of the 1D body. Nearly as smooth too!:D

Top stuff mate.

Sad as this sounds, I was watching England v Slovenia to check out which snappers were there...I saw you after the defoe goal and thought you must have been in a perfect spot for the goal and the cele! Jammy git with your allocations...though I think I saw Pottsy in the same row so I guess PA got most of the papers?!

Unmistakeable profile pottsy - his head perfectly matches the curve of the 1D body. Nearly as smooth too!:D

Top stuff mate.

Thanks matey

Yeah was in a good spot for the Defoe cele. Got the front page of the Metro, and a spread in the Star with it which was nice.

Pottsy wasn't at the Slov game so must have been another shaven headed photographer, there's lots of them out here :)

I know my comments are getting a bit cliche now...but yet another fantastic set! My favourit of this lot is the last one..shows emotion of the tournament. The rain one on here and the rainy goalie (another one!) on the blog are awesome!

Dan, you won't like me saying this, but given your goalie shot and the second one if the above set, long may you get soaked! :D

I know my comments are getting a bit cliche now...but yet another fantastic set! My favourit of this lot is the last one..shows emotion of the tournament. The rain one on here and the rainy goalie (another one!) on the blog are awesome!

Not at all matey, love reading them. Thanks :)

Great one of the header. Sounds like you've been getting some fair old miles in on the roads! Oh the glamour of sports photography. Could have done with a few Dutch girl supporters in the Holland-Cameroon match!

Great one of the header. Sounds like you've been getting some fair old miles in on the roads! Oh the glamour of sports photography. Could have done with a few Dutch girl supporters in the Holland-Cameroon match!

Thanks mate. Lot's of miles but nowhere near as many as some of the boys out here. Was looking for the stereotype hot blonde Dutch girls in the crowd but obviously they were avoiding me.. probably quite sensible really :)

Thanks mate. Lot's of miles but nowhere near as many as some of the boys out here. Was looking for the stereotype hot blonde Dutch girls in the crowd but obviously they were avoiding me.. probably quite sensible really :)

Does your Mrs read this forum? :p

Great blog!

Just starting out in sports photography, and that's really something to insipre to! Brilliant read, consider it bookmarked!

I repeat my initial comment, jammy git! :razz:

Excellent reading and even better pictures (y)

So Dan, now that England are out will you be joining me at the dizzying heights of Bath City v Cardiff City XI next Thursday at the majestic Twerton Park?

It's the South West's Soccer City you know! ;)

You should see the weather here :p

I hear it's rubbish.. pishing with rain isn't it :)

Great blog!

Just starting out in sports photography, and that's really something to insipre to! Brilliant read, consider it bookmarked!

Thanks very much. Anything you want to ask feel free.. I probably won't know the answer but ask anyway :)

I repeat my initial comment, jammy git! :razz:

Excellent reading and even better pictures (y)

Thanks matey.

So Dan, now that England are out will you be joining me at the dizzying heights of Bath City v Cardiff City XI next Thursday at the majestic Twerton Park?

It's the South West's Soccer City you know! ;)

As much as I'd love to be in Bath I'm out in Cape Town and Port Liz till the semi's so won't be able to join you I'm afraid.

And seeing as Twerton is the Soweto of Bath the Soccer City comparison is quite accurate :)

Great set Dan..both on here and the blog..especially love the first one of Capello..tells alot. The downhearted Rooney pic also speaks a thousand words. Great work.

Ps..keep your hands in the cage on the 30th!

Back