Urgent at the race now!!

Edit My Images
Yes
Please help, I'm at oulton park NOW watching the GT racing with my canon 700d and sigma 24-105.

Any ideas as to basic settings? Cars seem to be a little blurred at 250 sec an 320.

What AF mode ?

AI Servo / panning ?

Don't know what weather you have down there but up the ISO for faster shutter speeds if you're struggling.

Follow the cars as they move along to use the method known as panning. You try to keep the car in the same position in the frame and the background is blurred.

Talk to someone near you with a big lens to explain.

- Use AI focus (continuous autofocus)
- Try and use centre point autofocus, keep the centre point in one place on the car ie wing mirror / front wheel / big decal etc
- Keep your panning action smooth ie keep panning as and after you took the shot (this will help reduce potential blur)
- use a fast shutter speed to start with and then reduce it depending on how you get on!
- Shoot in burst mode (take 4/5 shots and then have a quick review and keep the best couple!)

Happy shooting!

Thanks for the tips guys, I'll see if I've shot any good ones later.

- Use AI focus (continuous autofocus)
- Try and use centre point autofocus, keep the centre point in one place on the car ie wing mirror / front wheel / big decal etc
- Keep your panning action smooth ie keep panning as and after you took the shot (this will help reduce potential blur)
- use a fast shutter speed to start with and then reduce it depending on how you get on!
- Shoot in burst mode (take 4/5 shots and then have a quick review and keep the best couple!)

Happy shooting!

I generally change to the points under the centre focus as it frames the car better if I'm shooting panning.

Back