Us

Very nice portrait style capture Gav, with a nice pose & presentation.

I like it :D

But I have a suggestion :D

Would something with a lighter note be nice too?

I had my picture taken twice today and both times I asked "Will a big cartoon smile be ok?" and both times the answer was "Yes." I know big smiles and even acting daft / daft poses may not be to everyone's taste in a picture but a lighter note might be nice once in a while :D

Like the effort - my critique is similar to others, I dont think you need to smile persé and I mean this is the nicest possible way, its giving serial killer in Coronation street, I'd try something more neutral neither a smile nor a grimace

I was going to say it's looking like you are going to drag Em off into a cupboard and murder her... This is not a remote in my other hand, it's a knife!

In all seriousness, I just pulled up a contact sheet of the last time Mrs H & I did this, and the first few are all me looking worried because I'm focussing too much on what the camera is doing and not on being photographed. Happens every time!

The lighting is good, if a little bright (I wonder if it's my monitor) Arm poses work really well. Could do with something to balance the stripy (camera) left arm - like your hand on her waist or something. Or even crop the stripy bit of the arm off, but you'd need to lose a bit of the top to balance it I reckon. Again - these are minor things and very subjective. It's really hard to get good composition when you're not behind the camera, so well done!

I like it, I have nothing to add.

I like it :D

But I have a suggestion :D

Would something with a lighter note be nice too?

I had my picture taken twice today and both times I asked "Will a big cartoon smile be ok?" and both times the answer was "Yes." I know big smiles and even acting daft / daft poses may not be to everyone's taste in a picture but a lighter note might be nice once in a while :D
Hi Alan, thank you, it's just my resting b***h face :LOL: I don't think it helps as I'm still thinking too much on the camera and pose, but also there is a bit of a height difference between us and I think my stance probably didn't help.

I have some others if I'm allowed to post them ;)

Like the effort - my critique is similar to others, I dont think you need to smile persé and I mean this is the nicest possible way, its giving serial killer in Coronation street, I'd try something more neutral neither a smile nor a grimace
Thank you, :LOL: it does a bit, I'll keep chipping away.

I was going to say it's looking like you are going to drag Em off into a cupboard and murder her... This is not a remote in my other hand, it's a knife!
:LOL:
In all seriousness, I just pulled up a contact sheet of the last time Mrs H & I did this, and the first few are all me looking worried because I'm focussing too much on what the camera is doing and not on being photographed. Happens every time!
I think that has a lot to do with it and over thinking the posing, I deleted tons before this :runaway:
The lighting is good, if a little bright (I wonder if it's my monitor) Arm poses work really well. Could do with something to balance the stripy (camera) left arm - like your hand on her waist or something. Or even crop the stripy bit of the arm off, but you'd need to lose a bit of the top to balance it I reckon. Again - these are minor things and very subjective. It's really hard to get good composition when you're not behind the camera, so well done!
Thank you, I might need to check my monitors, they were factory calibrated and probably need checking, I'm learning new (to me) ways of editing so it might be I looking at the images for too long and not seeing the brightness now..
I seen what you mean about the stripy sleeve, I didn't notice before I will watch for that, thank you for the feedback.

I like it, I have nothing to add.
Thank you, Martin.

Defo Us 6 for my taste and sense of humour, but also Em's expression looks more relaxed and you're plainly having fun.

Gav, No.2 is just wonderful and in fact I'd say it's perfect :D

Of course they all are, but I'd be most happy with No.2 and No.3 could be me but Mrs WW wouldn't let print and frame that one :D but Ems post and expression in 3 is perfect.

Well done for them all :D

Us 6 for me too! (And I'd grow the face hider back too!!! :p)

Lovely set Gav US 4 & US 6 for me :)

Defo Us 6 for my taste and sense of humour, but also Em's expression looks more relaxed and you're plainly having fun.
Thank you, Toni, I do like the more playful stuff, I like to catch her out, some of the faces will make great memories!

Gav, No.2 is just wonderful and in fact I'd say it's perfect :D

Of course they all are, but I'd be most happy with No.2 and No.3 could be me but Mrs WW wouldn't let print and frame that one :D but Ems post and expression in 3 is perfect.

Well done for them all :D
Cheers Alan, we both like a laugh, thank you for the feedback.

Us 6 for me too! (And I'd grow the face hider back too!!! :p)
Thank you, Nod, do you prefer me with the face fluff? ;) :p

..... I know I'm ugly, even the beard can't cover that!!! :LOL:

Not sure why I shaved my face not my head :thinking: Beard is coming back!

Lovely set Gav US 4 & US 6 for me :)
Thank you Chris (y) sorry for my ugly mug appearing on the site again :LOL:

Back