Critique Waiting

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
From the same day as my Heading Home? picture.
The tractors the fishermen use to pull their boats back up the beach have a hard life, they are destroyed by the salt air and high tides, but still they keep going.

IMG_1931-2 by NnG Photography, on Flickr

Wow love it, great title too, I thought it was a case of waiting to be pulled away a decade ago lol still working which is fantastic is that a slight puff of smoke coming from engine just right of exhaust?, thank you for sharing
kevin

No smoke Kevin, the boat had put out to sea before I arrived. This was silently waiting for the boats return.

I like that that too. Just for fun, I might make the blues a bit stronger to give a more "beautiful beach" look, you can do this in camera raw with the blue saturation, maybe a bit on the green as well, the sea and sky would give it a more Mediterranean look

Due to it being JPG, I couldnt pumped up the blue anymore without it ruining the image, but you might get what I mean :) Love the composition of it, nice find and shows how hardy some equipment can be.

15367483219_c5400ea123_b.jpg

Alternative title 'Just Dozing' old 60's international TD series Dozer (TD9 or 6) anorak off!
Poor old gal obviously seen better days, looking at the tracks she hasn't moved for a while....
Great textures going on here against the blue sky (second edit from Carl) makes the Dozer stand out well....
Now there's some foreground interest!!!
Nice shot!

I like that edit, will have a play with it tonight, thanks.
Oh and thanks for the heads up on the tractor, I suspect it moves more than you think, just up and down the shingle bank, to get the boat above the high water mark!

I like it, but I think Carl's edit does give it a bit more "punch".

It always amuses me how those seemingly "derelict" tractors still manage to fire up and do their job.
When you see how far they drive them into the sea, it's no surprise they finish up in the state they do!

P.S. It may just be an optical illusion, but watch your horizon, it looks very slightly off.
Edit: No, ignore what I said, on a second look it is an optical illusion.

Last edited:
Like this, and all things old and rusty. I actually prefer the muted blues and contrasting rust in the original so maybe just a slight tweak on the tractor with a brush?

The lens looks like it might be distorting the horizon and can be tweaked if in raw. But I am viewing on a phone!

Back