WAMT....what annoyed me today!

visiting park on my side because their side is all parked up.
But no one owns the road out side their house or has a god given right to park there.
But I know what you mean ;)
Or maybe I'm getting old & grumpy.
Join the club :D

It won't be the first time that I push an idiot like that out of the way.
Obviously they never parked correctly, handbrake 1st gear selected ;)
Or are you admitting to breaking and entering ? :p

Obviously they never parked correctly, handbrake 1st gear selected ;)
Or are you admitting to breaking and entering ? :p
When I was an apprentice, we would bounce cars up and down to move them. People would often go out to there cars in the college car park and find their car sat in the middle of the aisle way instead of the parking space they had left it in. :)

When I was an apprentice, we would bounce cars up and down to move them. People would often go out to there cars in the college car park and find their car sat in the middle of the aisle way instead of the parking space they had left it in. :)
or the old reliant robin on top of the classroom trick,
( alledgely ;) )

Whilst satisfying undoubtedly, anyone doing that to my car will experience yet again that theirs might not be in the exact same location when they come back. It won't be the first time that I push an idiot like that out of the way.

Without marking their car I hope. If not you're into criminal damage territory ;)

or the old reliant robin on top of the classroom trick,
( alledgely ;) )
Old boy across the road to me had a couple of reliant robins over the years. At least 3 times he came out of his house to find someone had rolled it onto it's side in the road.

Nice little wheeled trolley jack works for rear wheel drive cars. Jack up push car away as both hand brake and gear box are connected to rear wheels.

Without marking their car I hope. If not you're into criminal damage territory ;)
Priorities first; without marking mine :)

Nice little wheeled trolley jack works for rear wheel drive cars. Jack up push car away as both hand brake and gear box are connected to rear wheels.
GOJ-G6313.jpg
Four of these will do the job nicely.

My bloody manager. Seriously a pain in the backside today, Sundays go so much better without her around for all the staff and customers.

Last edited:
WAMT Took the grandkids to Mcdonalds, their choice it's not for me. Each order I placed the severer said would you like large. This was even though I already said normal sizes please. They always do it! I mean if I wanted large, I would have said large! :punch::rage:

Sales targets. I frigging hate them. We have 'Active Selling' in place at work, specific product each week. I had to intervene with one of the till staff because she was literally just doing the "We have a special off on blah blah blah" - that is NOT active selling that is p***ing customers off (and me). Wouldn't have minded except the first thing on the active selling course was just that...

Sales targets. I frigging hate them. We have 'Active Selling' in place at work, specific product each week. I had to intervene with one of the till staff because she was literally just doing the "We have a special off on blah blah blah" - that is NOT active selling that is p***ing customers off (and me). Wouldn't have minded except the first thing on the active selling course was just that...
It annoys me when grocery stores do it, and some fuel garages. Would you like this or that, it's on offer today :punch::punch:

It annoys me when grocery stores do it, and some fuel garages. Would you like this or that, it's on offer today :punch::punch:

Me too!
If I want something either I'll ask for it or go searching for it on the net. Perhaps it's just me being a grumpy old bugger though?

Exactly, which was the whole point behind active selling - the first point of the course was it you can remember being sold to, it wasn't active selling (or at least it wasn't done right!). The week it's Haribo for 64p at Spar. You have been warned if you go near one!

Thanks for that, but why try and sell me something I don't like ? :p

I don't like them either, so far I have yet to be tempted by any of the Active Sells. At the moment I'm still enjoying going to the other stores in the league and looking really interested in the sales pitch then not buying.

If someone tries to upsell to me, I often walk. If I wanted a large portion, I'd order one (actually, I usually DO order one if it's an option!)

Sunburn.
I stood on the harbour arm at Herne Bay yesterday to shoot at the air show...sun at my back, sunscreen applied to neck.
Trouble is, the sea was mere feet in front and below me.
I had no idea you could be burned by reflected weak sun.
I do now :-(

(and to add insult to injury, I was wearing me specs, so I'm now rocking the full-on Adam Ant impression - circa 1983)

Sunburn.
I stood on the harbour arm at Herne Bay yesterday to shoot at the air show...sun at my back, sunscreen applied to neck.
Trouble is, the sea was mere feet in front and below me.
I had no idea you could be burned by reflected weak sun.
I do now :-(

(and to add insult to injury, I was wearing me specs, so I'm now rocking the full-on Adam Ant impression - circa 1983)
This post is useless with out photographic proof.

Sorry, Ruth but I'm giggling. In sympathy though, having burnt the tops of my feet after falling to reapply lotion following flipper use in June. Will not be making the same mistake in a week or two!

Dawlish air show next Saturday...

Sorry, Ruth but I'm giggling. In sympathy though, having burnt the tops of my feet after falling to reapply lotion following flipper use in June. Will not be making the same mistake in a week or two!

Dawlish air show next Saturday...

Despite the sunburn, I had a blast yesterday.
It was thrilling!
I swear I was close to tears at times! :eek:

Amazon. GRRRR. Useless bunch of tax dodgers. Long story but I oredred a flash gun on Thursday. Paid extra to have it delivered Friday, Didn't come. Confirmation that it would be delivered Saturday. Stayed in all day. Didn't come. E-mail came at night telling me that they were out of stock (not when I ordered they weren't). Lots of Live Chat and lies, sorry promises. Finally today I'm told it will be here next Saturday "as you need it urgently"!
When I complained - somewhat vigorously after two days of backwards and forwards - my ethnic friend in Mumbai told me "I can't check anything - we only have the internet here".

WTF. Amazon are an internet company. Then she hung up on me. Absolutely appalling service.
Went to Jessops and got one at the same price that is now in the post and will be with me tomorrow.

Will seriously reconsider using Amazon again. If Jessops can do it for the same price then why not use them?

Does that count as annoyance?

WAMT?
Honestly! you can't get the staff these days, not content to fly round the cell to keep the gulls at bay ( I'd all ready put the fear of Christ into them with the little female 50/50 Gyr x Saker, Donut. )
I was just letting the little fella stretch his wings for a bit, he went about turn flew a couple of hundred yards and nailed this .. meet the aptly named Muppet!
Bloody Muppet!

View attachment 44171

I recognised the hawk.
He did a good job there?
He was supposed to be "back up" hawk scaring gulls from a landfill,
The aptly named Bloody Muppet! :rolleyes:

Back