Name
Bob
Edit My Images
Yes
Drops2082.jpg

Drops2032.jpg

Drops2028.jpg

Drops2026.jpg

Some of my collisions using the kit I bought few weeks ago (see the Phototrigger section!)

Should be trying again soon with some different liquids and colours (when I recover form the man flu)

Try adding a little bit of Guar or Xantham gum to water for strange shapes. You want to add just enough to thicken the water until its like milk. Check out the hippy food, sorry organic aisle in supermarkets for it. Its a food thickener for people with gluten intolerance I think.

Love the last shot.

They're fantastic, what sort of exposure time were you looking at for them? I imagine you have it on continuous and shoot as quickly as possible in the hope to get some good ones?

They're fantastic, what sort of exposure time were you looking at for them? I imagine you have it on continuous and shoot as quickly as possible in the hope to get some good ones?

No quite the opposite really, a sensor detects when the drop passes through and sends a delayed signal to the camera to fire which triggers the flash at 1/128 power. I think I was shooting f11 or f16 and 1/200 second. Its the flash that catches the shot not the shutter speed. If the flash didnt fire all I would have is a black photo.

great set well captured

Thank You

Try adding a little bit of Guar or Xantham gum to water for strange shapes. You want to add just enough to thicken the water until its like milk. Check out the hippy food, sorry organic aisle in supermarkets for it. Its a food thickener for people with gluten intolerance I think.

Love the last shot.

Thanks for the praise, A mate at work told me to try that :)

Yes, some nice efforts there. I would like to get some sort of trigger system at some point, can get quite frustrating manually at times......too much on the shopping list at the moment though :)

I think I'll be looking at some of the stuff Danny has recommended next time I'm in the hippy aisle :LOL:

Some really great work here (y) don't suppose that you've taken a photo of your set up also have you :thinking:

Matt
MWHCVT

I havent took a pic of setup, basically its an upside down table with one of the legs extended and a bottle made into a mariotte syphon hanging off it, a starter valve to contrel the flow through the droplet sensor and a tray on the bottom. Nothing flash!

Next time I get it out I'll take a pic (If I remember) The wife doesnt like it in the kitchen :-|

Drops2082.jpg

Some of my collisions using the kit I bought few weeks ago (see the Phototrigger section!)

Should be trying again soon with some different liquids and colours (when I recover form the man flu)

Love the first one, do you have a link you could post for the phototrigger ?

Had a look and could not find it

cheers

Love the last one, it looks like a little man :) I'd love to be able to take shots like this, but my patience wears a bit thin when i repeatedly miss the money shot :LOL:

The shots are great they remind me of O2 marketing shots.
They would not look out of place on a marketing project.

How did you get the deep blue colour ?

Thanks for the comments guys, really is appreciated.
The colour is just food colouring in the water. Havent had a chance to do any more this week, been too busy working and sleeping :-(

cracking!

I've tried following the tutorials on this website to get some of these, but with little success so far.

I'll echo the requests of seeing your setup next time.

Lovely droplets

Back