Water Rail

That is the best image I have seen in a long long time. Unbelievable! You should enter that into competitions its so unique.

Thank you very much Alan I really appreciate your comment :)

Credit where its due mate. You should register on birdguides and post that tomorrow Im sure it will get photo of the week. Id have that on my wall Ive Id taken that. Its stunning!

Awesome shot... and I hate bird photos!! :) Well done. Wonderful timing, composition, exposure.. everything. Some photos are just perfect, and this is one of them.

Stunning image with great vision from the author the POV, comp and lighting are exquisite to say the least. Thanks for sharing.

Awesome shot... and I hate bird photos!! :) Well done. Wonderful timing, composition, exposure.. everything. Some photos are just perfect, and this is one of them.

Why look on a photographic bird forum then???? I hate train spotting hence the reason I do not look on train spotting forums. Very odd.

It aint broke leave it alone, great shot.

Credit where its due mate. You should register on birdguides and post that tomorrow Im sure it will get photo of the week. Id have that on my wall Ive Id taken that. Its stunning!

Thank you Alan, I am already registered and have now posted it :)

Sorry mate, now uploaded and awaiting approval on BG :)

So glad you put that on mate, in 3 years Ive never seen an image get such a big response. If that doesnt get POTW its a joke. I am shooting myself in the foot here as my Buzzard was up there with the most popular, but I know this image is far superior and felt it deserved to be top of the tree this week. I am sure you will at least make top 10 in the photo of the year with this if not 1st place. If you do i hope you can give me a free print for my wall hahaha typical scotsman )))) Well done again not often I get wowed like that ;)

I'm usually a stickler for the composition of wildlife shots having more space to the side the subject is looking, running, walking, swimming, flying etc into (as you have probably realised:D) but the counter composition of this shot really works very, very well. A very striking shot indeed. Well done(y)

So glad you put that on mate, in 3 years Ive never seen an image get such a big response. If that doesnt get POTW its a joke. I am shooting myself in the foot here as my Buzzard was up there with the most popular, but I know this image is far superior and felt it deserved to be top of the tree this week. I am sure you will at least make top 10 in the photo of the year with this if not 1st place. If you do i hope you can give me a free print for my wall hahaha typical scotsman )))) Well done again not often I get wowed like that ;)

Thank you very much Alan for your comments and encouragement i really appreciate it, and with regards to the print, sure will :)

I'm usually a stickler for the composition of wildlife shots having more space to the side the subject is looking, running, walking, swimming, flying etc into (as you have probably realised:D) but the counter composition of this shot really works very, very well. A very striking shot indeed. Well done(y)

Thank you Brash, I do agree with you on composition but I had to break the rules with this one :)

Saw this on BG, racing up the popularity board as fast at the rail is streaking across the ice. Stunning shot - would work well as a extra-wide landscape, though you'd lose some of that fabulous backdrop I guess.

Some excellent efforts on BG this week, but this holds its own in my opinion.

Saw this on BG, racing up the popularity board as fast at the rail is streaking across the ice. Stunning shot - would work well as a extra-wide landscape, though you'd lose some of that fabulous backdrop I guess.

Some excellent efforts on BG this week, but this holds its own in my opinion.

Thank you very much Pete, appreciate your comment, yes I did look at the extra wide landscape, this was a real headbanger to compose to be honest, but I just had to do it this way in the end :)

Great capture and the trail works perfectly! Real nice image!

I really like this image and I have no issue with the composition. I think there's plenty of room remaining in front of the bird.

But, to me the exposure on the bird is just a bit off. There's enough detail there that it makes me want to be able to see more. I would bring up the bird a touch and knock back the reflection and trail a touch.

Alternatively, I might try a complete silhouette treatment but I don't think that would work as well.

May want to take this down as the edit box is not checked.

Thank you very much Alan for your comments and encouragement i really appreciate it, and with regards to the print, sure will :)

Id love that on my wall mate ;) Over 100 likes is a remarkable achievment on BG. The judge there does make very debatable decisions though and there does seem to be an "award for the boys" going on at times. You will notice the lancs brigade seem to get a high percentage of awards. i recently spoke out about it and have been in the dog house ever since )))))) water of a ducks back though and i find it amusing that despite being consistently in the most popular photos of the week they get ignored. Its at the stage now Id be dissapointed to get a notable as the longer it goes on the more silly he is making himself look. Dont be surprised if one of the Hawfinches gets it, I am beginning to learn how his mind works. Also dont be dissapointed if you dont as you are the peoples choice by a country mile this week and that is far more meaningful than an individuals choice who many times seems rather clueless to what a good photo is. ;)

Stunningly gorgeous imvho :clap::clap:

Id love that on my wall mate ;) Over 100 likes is a remarkable achievment on BG. The judge there does make very debatable decisions though and there does seem to be an "award for the boys" going on at times. You will notice the lancs brigade seem to get a high percentage of awards. i recently spoke out about it and have been in the dog house ever since )))))) water of a ducks back though and i find it amusing that despite being consistently in the most popular photos of the week they get ignored. Its at the stage now Id be dissapointed to get a notable as the longer it goes on the more silly he is making himself look. Dont be surprised if one of the Hawfinches gets it, I am beginning to learn how his mind works. Also dont be dissapointed if you dont as you are the peoples choice by a country mile this week and that is far more meaningful than an individuals choice who many times seems rather clueless to what a good photo is. ;)

Thanks Alan, im going to remove it from BG (wished i never put it on there now) although like you say it got a great response from everyone, I do have one guy who keeps login on as different names commenting about a shadow or something i sent the comments to the mods, i photograph for fun and a release i dont need his grief, I do thank you for all your encouragement though :)

Gary its a stunning image, that stands out a mile superb ....

Keep it on there and ignore the jealous idiots !!

Mick...

Thanks Alan, im going to remove it from BG (wished i never put it on there now) although like you say it got a great response from everyone, I do have one guy who keeps login on as different names commenting about a shadow or something i sent the comments to the mods, i photograph for fun and a release i dont need his grief, I do thank you for all your encouragement though :)

That just shows what idiots we have in this game. I hope you do not remove and let this plonker think he has won with his silly games, but at the end of the day its your choice. It will get potw on Thursday Im sure if you leave it on. Makes me sick these jelous people, I have came across so many already in my short time at photography.

Back