Water

thanks Susie, it is fun, as I said lots of useless shots, thinking of doing water and oil also different colours, best keep my dog out of room as she had the milk last time.....:)

:nikon:

These look underexposed to me and they are not very sharp, indeed oof. The stark shadows in the first don't do it much favours neither. i cant see any exif so can't give advice on settings.

What were your settings and equipment set up for this shot? If you have a flashgun capable of firing off the camera you can have great fun with playing about. Also if you bounce the light from the flash off a bit of paper it lights the drops up a bit better I find. It reflects the paper onto the surface of the water instead of lighting up the water itself. you could even use coloured paper or patterns to get different effects.

I'd work on your focus a bit more and a larger crop rather than having the whole drop fill the image. Get your drips to drop in the same place every time and focus your camera on a pen(or anything small) where they hit the water. The thing with water drops as you already know, if you haven't got all the "proper" expensive timing equipment then there's a lot of trial and error. Keep at it:D

Make sure the camera is level with the water and use LOTS of lights - lots!!!!

Back