WCMUT....what cheered me up today

Watching my 11 year old daughter face her fears tonight and sing in the school Christmas concert. She'd had a little meltdown about it earlier and a bit of a panic.

She did it though. I couldn't have.

I never thought it was possible for a 55 year old, 14 stone, close to 6 foot tall bloke to have a wee tear in his eye.
+1 on that and the same goes for a 70+ year old who got teary booking a holiday abroad for the first time since Covid struck! I hope that all the same faces will be there to greet us.

The snow and ice looks like it might finally start to thaw :banana: Ruddy stuff ..:LOL:
Just nipped out in the car, its actually showing +1 out there for the first time in several days.
And the ice just wiped off instead of having to scrape it off.

Rain forecast for Sunday and Monday, here.

+1 on that and the same goes for a 70+ year old who got teary booking a holiday abroad for the first time since Covid struck! I hope that all the same faces will be there to greet us.
I hope it's all you expect.
When we returned to our bolt hole in Crete we found our favourite restaurant and bar was closed. ( There was an earthquake in their village that destroyed their house). The owners had become our friends over the years. It suddenly hit us how much they were part of our holiday.

Just nipped out in the car, its actually showing +1 out there for the first time in several days.

Here too.

There's a lot of melt water about, tonight and tomorrow morning could be fun with the refreeze :confused:

-13 to +12 overnight temps in a few days, is big jump :LOL:

Almost 7 days of snow is too much, glad its going :LOL:

Last edited:
tonight and tomorrow morning could be fun with the refreeze :confused:
It certainly could, I've no plans to do anything, save continue to hibernate (y)

TBH, I'd rather have cold and dry than not quite as cold but wet!

Do Cobras hibernate?
This one does :D
But in their "wild range" ( India through Southeast Asia to the Philippines and Indonesia,)
the temperatures are in the 30's

Last edited:
Just realised the date! 42 years since I passed my driving test!

I had my amateur radio gear on, tuning around but all seemed quiet, then I hear a guy on an island in the Arctic Circle. Gave him a shout and we had a 10 minute conversation. He lives on an island called Rolla which has only a couple of hundred inhabitants, and he's the only amaateur radio operator on the island. Magic stuff. :)

Yesterday I made my first ever Christmas cake and it was an eggless one.

I was worried how it would tun out but when I cut a slice this morning it was delicious. So I'm very happy :D

Just marzipanned ours after a couple of months of feeding it.

Note to self - buy apricot jam in October rather than find empty shelves of the affordable stuff in mid-December!!!

Today people had to take food to the coffee morning. I made some fruit bread and sliced and buttered two loafs whilst Mrs WW made some almond biscuits. We then had a little competition between ourselves to see who got the most "customers." Maybe it was a bit of a draw as although all Mrs WW's biscuits went there were only a few slices of my two loafs left :D Mrs WW probably did win though as she got two requests for her recipe :D

For a few days now - not having the heating on anywhere near as much as last week. It is almost Spring like.

Dave

I've recently signed up for my first mobile phone contract after always having PAYG to date. It seems very good value but I gave them a bad review and said why, there are multiple broken links on their website, their off shore call centre staff don't always have the best English language skills and staff tend to sound like they're talking under water.

The company whinged and said they didn't believe it was a genuine review so I provided proof to the review company and my review is staying up :D So, a little victory for real genuine customer experience feedback which stays up despite the big company wanting it removed :D

The company whinged and said they didn't believe it was a genuine review so I provided proof to the review company and my review is staying up :D So, a little victory for real genuine customer experience feedback which stays up despite the big company wanting it removed :D
They don't like it up'em (y)

Just 3 days to go, till I start Christmas shopping (y)

Last edited:
Oh very clever :D

That reminds me of the lumberjack song.

And also I seem to remember typing...

Oh what's the point... You win :ROFLMAO:

I was looking for something different to get Mrs WW for Xmas and I thought a picture of her and her last dog on a T shirt might be nice. I found a supplier and they had a few colour shirts available and one was yellow so that's perfect as Mrs WW is a yellow shirt (as apposed to a red shirt in Thai politics.) It came today and although the colours are slightly off and a bit over saturated overall it is I think a bit better than I expected. I hope the colours last but if not she can have another if they fade. I hope she'll be happy with it when she gets it on Christmas day :D

Oh very clever :D

That reminds me of the lumberjack song.

And also I seem to remember typing...

Oh what's the point... You win :ROFLMAO:
It was added to the swear filter ages ago, to stop a certain person, keep going on about his.
However, any words in the swear filter can be beaten, but it's not recommended :D

Ah I see. Very wise. The mere mention of... some garments men can wear... can create an image in your mind that's hard to shift.

Ah I see. Very wise. The mere mention of... some garments men can wear... can create an image in your mind that's hard to shift.
Not only that, he even posted an image, more than once.
Not even the "finest" mind bleach was able to shift the image..
Thankfully it does fade with time.

Ordered a "new to me" computer (Windows 11 HP ProDesk 400) to replace my old Windows 8 Dell Optiplex 780. Hopefully not too fast for me!

Ordered a "new to me" computer (Windows 11 HP ProDesk 400) to replace my old Windows 8 Dell Optiplex 780. Hopefully not too fast for me!

Good luck with that, :)
I recently bought a new laptop on W11 when my Dell on W10 decided to swallow the power button:rolleyes:
It had a couple of other problems due to coffee splash, so thought I'd replace it.
Hated the new one from the moment I turned it on.
Took my old one to a local repair shop to see if they could get it to fire up so I could retrieve a few things, nothing really important,
Got a phone call a short time later telling me it could be repaired for £130, New switch and replacement keyboard
Have it back now and everything is working as it should, really pleased, just can't decide what to do with the new one,
at the moment is is sitting in a case while I decide

They are said to be a good pair of earwarmers, love the iFi Zen blue combined with a valve headphone amp, What is the amp?

I have a Zen DAC for my headphone amp powered by a Raspberry Pi
What do you stream from?

Back