WCMUT....what cheered me up today

Reactions: ST4
Never known anybody get violent off dope, but plenty of violence is alcohol fuelled.

The alcohol v Cannabis argument is age old and pointless really. People have been prattling on about it for donkeys years. The mental health issues caused by prolonged Cannabis use can lead to and has led to violence. It's not an even playing field to argue one against the other, the same as arguing tobacco causes more harm than Cannabis. The point/argument/case for Cannabis being legalised has to be put across regarding the drug itself and not as a comparative against other, already legal substances.

Never known anybody get violent off dope, but plenty of violence is alcohol fuelled.

The solution is to ban alcohol and bring in draconian punishments for having, consuming and procuring it. A more moderate person might say kerb licensing hours, put taxes up on alcohol, to try restrict access to it, but people find a way round it, brew it, drink at home etc then take to the streets plastered to finish off then spew up in a taxi. Classy. The punishments need to be so mercilessly draconian I think to change the very bad direction our society is going and noone will vote in a govt that will take the extreme but IMHO necessary measures to get this country to shapen up.

Cannibis use has been linked to cancers (you smoke it after all) and issues with creating psychosis and other mental issues. Whilst at point of use it's not as bad, it's a severe inhibitor and long term can have severe side effects. I'm also not wanting stoners taking to the roads, operating machinery etc.

I'm travelled by train last week to Leeds, first class to keep away from the Rowdies but at York station, Leeds station the rowdiness, unruliness and disorder was incredible. There was police and security everywhere. Is this really what our society has become, drunkards with bouncers to reign it in?

In this way I fully agree with the Islamic way, they don't have this public order/anti social issue we have.

Last edited:
Wcmut eurivision I love it, such a good laugh

Have you no respect for the sensitive audio equipment you were supplied with, JP?

Its good to laugh. Just a shame we aren't good at being s***e. :)

WCMUT? A 5 page thread on eurovision with no mention of who won! As for Australia being allowed in... Israel is at least vaguely close to Europe.

The sound or 70's, 80's and 90's F1 cars roaring around Brands Hatch GP circuit. My idea of heaven.

Going round in my age this year. Gross, before allowances. Admittedly it's only 9 holes but it still cheered me up! Not as much as Mr Wood was cheered up on the 14th yesterday - his hole in one earned him an i8!

Glorious sunny morning, the monthly free coffee and cake at John Lewis and a gentle trundle on the bike.

Wcmut: Reading about people complaining that Jamie Raven, a magician/illusionist, knew what was written on those cards and that it is fake. Yes duh, ofcourse it is. Unbelievably funny that they spent the time and effort lodging complains about it.

Sub £40 fill-up at the fuel station. Not going to complain too much about 35 MPG from 100% town trips (a couple of miles each way, if that and one way is up the steepest/longest hill in the city) either!

The cat forgiving me for giving her a worming pipette earlier. Much as we hate inflicting the stuff on her, we're sure it's better than he getting worms or any variety and there's no way we can get pills down her (and get her to keep them down!) She runs away upstairs and sulks for a while then goes to sleep; by the time she wakes up, she's forgotten that she doesn't like us (especially when her food bowl fills up.)

The thought that today's local high temperature will probably be similar to tomorrow's local midnight low!

The cat forgiving me for giving her a worming pipette earlier. Much as we hate inflicting the stuff on her, we're sure it's better than he getting worms or any variety and there's no way we can get pills down her (and get her to keep them down!) She runs away upstairs and sulks for a while then goes to sleep; by the time she wakes up, she's forgotten that she doesn't like us (especially when her food bowl fills up.)

The advocate and broadline drop on flea stuff both have wormers in. They also kill ear mites. Vet only though.

Much as she dislikes being "dropped", she loathes being taken in the car. Going to feel very guilty later since it's cattery time. :(

Cheap OCF!!

Got home at lunchtime today, to find that my new Yongnuo YN560iii flash and YN560-TX wireless controller had been delivered :cool:

Cant beat new toys!

Wcmut. Another wonderful sunny start to the day. Its lovely and perfect temperatures for me.

How long has he had his licence?

24hrs. He's getting lessons to prepare him for the test. The first one is on Tuesday. His theory is on Monday. His instructor will advise him once he's seen him drive roughly when he should book a test and how many lessons to take.

He's a very busy man and can't sort out a drive sooner due to pontificating on the internet about the lack of guns and bullets needed to achieve his ambitious goals.

Its great here in Glasgow, and the supermarket has chocolate oranges for £1. Its the little things...
What? Its not raining in Glasgow? Wow, that is something to be cheerful about.

Wcmut. Another wonderful sunny start to the day. Its lovely and perfect temperatures for me.
It's sunny here but only 17 degs. I want hotter, another 8 degs will do. :)

Lets just repeat that in case anyone missed it...

Steve.

We were discussing alcohol culture and their policies towards it. A complete ban on alcohol consumption with death penalties applicable (shooting in the face) for drinking, procuring, selling and manufacturer of alcoholic beverages would make my day.

Blimey have you guys seen what's going on. They don't need alcohol to behave like idiots ;) and many here in the UK (well those amongst my friends) happily break the rules anyway.

It is not a guarantee, religion and alcohol has nothing to do with it. It involves human beings, that is the important factor b

It is not a guarantee, religion and alcohol has nothing to do with it. It involves human beings, that is the important factor b
I agree, next they'll be stripping off naked on top of mountains and causing earthquakes. ;)

WCMUT

I was walking past my local Barnardos shop this morning on the way to work, and saw someone dropping off a massive amount of clothes, toys and books, DVDs and CDs. Still some generous folk about.

Back