WCMUT....what cheered me up today

with death penalties applicable (shooting in the face) for drinking, procuring, selling and manufacturer of alcoholic beverages would make my day.

Good idea. What about the same penalty for driving offences?!!

Steve.

23º. I suppose that will have to do. Doesn't feel like it in this breeze though.
32° at the moment! 23° when we went to bed at midnight last night.

Another thing that cheered me up; warming drawers. What a brilliant old fashioned invention. I had a pint or two three after work, came home well after dinner and mine was waiting in the warming drawer. Not dried out, perfect temperature. Nice.

I had heated hand grips on my old bike but normal drawers were warm enough for me! ;)

WCMUT: first six mugs out of the dishwasher coming out in the correct order. Sets you up nicely for the day ahead.

11913-1434524685-a7eaed1e128dfcf8c99439472526732e.jpg

Watching a buzzard take its first short flight and having the best option lens on the camera as well. Could have done with something longer but the 400mm isn't available yet.

Took my daughter out to dinner and she gave me a load of cup cakes she had made & decorated herself to take home :)

PS. I made certain my brakes were red hot when I arrived. I should have enough time for two donuts and coffee. Got to get my moneys worth :)

Well that is another surprise. It was the rear brakes and not the fronts. The fronts are still super meaty. Enough money saved for a meal for 4 :) happy days.

PS. I made certain my brakes were red hot when I arrived. I should have enough time for two donuts and coffee. Got to get my moneys worth :)

That, my friend, looks like a YumYum rather than a donut!! Even better.

WCMUT....grabbing a quick unexpected lunch time coffee, with a friend I don't see often enough :)

Actually if you look at the photograph, the sign stated they are cakes. Me, I am not bothered what they are called, it tasted wonderful. Both of them. :)

Oh JP.....JP, JP, JP.......They are ALL cakes.
But the YumYum; that, dear boy, sit's in a league allll of its own.
The crack cocaine of the sugary nibble world!

I did have an apple as well :)

I did have an apple as well :)

Perfect.
You must be aware that an apple completely reverses the effect of the YumYums!!
Well done!! :LOL:

An apple does NOT reverse the effect of a toffee flavoured YumYum though...trust me. No amout of apples and yoga make up for a toffee YumYum.

An apple does NOT reverse the effect of a toffee flavoured YumYum though...trust me. No amout of apples and yoga make up for a toffee YumYum.

It DOES!

Well, maybe not, so why mess about with fruit and bending?

WCMUT was getting the little orange monster home from her stay in the hotel while we were away. Could have done without the 02:00 BST start this morning though!

About 9 hours of sleep last night! Even apparently slept through the LOM walking over me at 4ish. Must have snored a bit though since I have a slightly sore throat, although that could also be down to the crap air they provide on flights.

Thinking back to the state I was in just 3 years ago and how well I am now compared to then. TBH this thought CMU most days but it was about this date when I realised that I was really "sick, bad and proper poorly" rather than just getting old!

WCMUT....

I noticed that it's exactly a year since I had an operation on my left eye. I had a choroidal haemangioma, a sort of benign tumour behind the retina, and the vision in that eye had deteriorated significantly. I was told that the procedure SHOULD stabilise it and MIGHT improve it.

I've had a subjective impression that it has improved since the operation, but I thought it would be good if I had some independent empirical evidence. Then I remembered that, some time before the operation, I had done the X-Rite online colour perception test and saved the results somewhere. So I dug it out, re-did the test and compared the results.

It certainly cheered me up. Especially when I remembered that my vision in the left eye had deteriorated markedly in the months before the operation, so what we're seeing here actually understates the improvement I've experienced.

Went to see the MINIONS movie with the missus and the boy........had a laugh and a meal out, nice then on the way home while joining the M6 We all saw a barn owl in full flight at about 8 feet above a field of corn the face was so large, the light fading and she was on the hunt, just brilliant ......

WCMUT: Getting an ingest of 970,339 records from a datasource down from a 9 hour import to 15 minutes. Yup I expect the same looks on here as I got from my wife, but to me it is bloody brilliant and genius and it cheered me up.

WCMUT: Getting an ingest of 970,339 records from a datasource down from a 9 hour import to 15 minutes. Yup I expect the same looks on here as I got from my wife, but to me it is bloody brilliant and genius and it cheered me up.

(y) That would cheer me up also

So its worth getting a USB 3 lead then is it?

So its worth getting a USB 3 lead then is it?
Lol if only it was that simple ;) it was already on a high performance SSD based storage area. Nope this was a case of reducing the number of sql statements and inserts, and fine tuning the chunking before committing whilst spanning multiple threads to do the same thing at the same time.

I'm glad it worked as I noticed I mapped on the fields wrong so had to do it all again last night. Duh.

WCMUT? The knowledge that me not understanding a word of JP's last post is as important as me being able to quote Pi to 1000 decimal places!

Sitting quietly against a hedge watching half a dozen buzzards and two kestrels patrol a field that had just been mown.

A buzzard flew within 20 ft. of me.

Sitting outside in our campus, enjoying the nice weather. It's lovely.

Sitting outside in our campus, enjoying the nice weather. It's lovely.
Too damned hot to be working, Oh seems you're not :p
WCMUT?
Early finish as its too damned hot to be working :D

WCMUT Pt II

I pulled in to my usual Burger van for a bun and a drink, today. The not unattractive older woman that serves, is usually wearing jeans and a jumper.
Today being a bit of a scorcher, she was wearing a summer dress.
/ scene set..

I ordered a bacon roll and instead of the usual strong coffee, I ordered a cold can.
What I didn't realise was, that the cold storage was under the serving hatch, and as she bent down to retrieve my can, most of her ample bosom was on display :)

Once served, I then had to order another cold one, just for the hell of it (y)

Chris in confirmed dirty old man shocker

WCMUT Pt II

I pulled in to my usual Burger van for a bun and a drink, today. The not unattractive older woman that serves, is usually wearing jeans and a jumper.
/ scene set..

I ordered a bacon roll and instead of the usual strong coffee, I ordered a cold can.
What I didn't realise was, that the cold storage was under the serving hatch, and as she bent down to retrieve my can, most of her ample bosom was on display :)

You should have asked "If those puppies are for sale I'll have the one with the pink nose"

WCMUT Pt II

/ scene set..

So you got baps instead of a bun then.

Back