Weather warning

Checked the weather forecast. Gusts of 40 odd mph which is bugger all. I can cause more of a breeze sneezing.

Pretty windy here and when I looked before I went to bed the forecast for 6am tomorrow was 85mph gusts :eek:

....now says 46mph with "only" 77mph gusts!

...and high tide is 05.25.

The pleasures of living on the coast.

Heather

Last edited:
Just back from walking the dogs in the park, had to take my coat off it's that warm, gusts of warm wind from the north east strangely

H

Well the day started lovely, the wind is starting to pick up know though :(...I do like a good storm but it would be wonderful if the power can stay on as otherwise I will have to get the generator out in order to go to bed :(

Well the day started lovely, the wind is starting to pick up know though :(...I do like a good storm but it would be wonderful if the power can stay on as otherwise I will have to get the generator out in order to go to bed :(

I hope it doesn't too I need my kettle and toaster at least lol

The forecast is still showing high winds in the west for Sunday night Monday morning.

Heard on the radio that a "photographer" has been sept off the shore into the sea.

Trying to trace story.

Zteve

Last edited:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-24691654

Search for 'man swept out to sea' off Dorset coast
A major overnight search has been carried out off the coast of Dorset due to fears a man could have been swept out to sea by large waves.

A witness spotted a photographer on the Cobb at Lyme Regis on Saturday evening, but when they looked back a short time later he was no longer there.

A search involving the coastguard helicopter and a RNLI lifeboat took place but has now been stood down.

Coastguards, who say no-one is reported missing, are appealing for information.

The sea conditions at the time were described as "dangerous".

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=514089

Last edited:
Am I missing something here ???? The storm is due to arrive or at least be at its worst/strongest state between 0300 and 0900 Monday morning, it's no where near the uk yet.....what is everyone on about ???

A few of us were tracking the first "wave" on a live satellite last night,
40-50 MPH winds, and up to 50mm rain/ per hour.

Thats enough to make some "people stop and think"
especially those living in exposed places.

SA?

Saw the report on the possibility of someone getting washed off the Cobb in Lyme Regis. I hope the alleged photographer simply got his/her shot and left unobserved rather than getting knocked into the sea. No shot is worth dying for.

Eek yes!!... Do you have some kind of back up option??

Well my machine does have an 8 hour back up battery but that has developed a fault...so is out of action :( but I do have a generator I can set up if I really needed it ;)

SA?

Saw the report on the possibility of someone getting washed off the Cobb in Lyme Regis. I hope the alleged photographer simply got his/her shot and left unobserved rather than getting knocked into the sea. No shot is worth dying for.

Where exactly did you see this report Nod?

Well my machine does have an 8 hour back up battery but that has developed a fault...so is out of action :( but I do have a generator I can set up if I really needed it ;)

Hope all is well Matt, and you don't have to go kick the Jenny into service (y)

Bit windy coming into Gatwick at 2am last night, plane was rocking a fair bit on approach, otherwise ok. Great landing. Nothing too bad on the drive home. A little windy here now.

If you are crazy enough to go photographing the rough seas, be very careful and remember the sixth wave is always the biggie.

Some people have no respect for the weather and always makes me wonder when I see the morons dodging waves that break over the sea wall.

Even worse were the fools on holiday in the Caribbean who were setting up on the balcony to watch the hurricane.

Where exactly did you see this report Nod?

Not 100% sure Rich. It might have been a click through from the BBC story or else some other surfing. Saw Sarah Lee's post on the Talk Photography page and went a-looking to see if there was any news. Not figured out how to look at my browser history in W8 and have a suspicion that it may have been through an application. Just had a quick peek at the BBC app and the story on there looks familiar. Same story on web.

It's pretty windy here in Bristol but it's not exactly been calm on that front all week. I still managed to go out cycling earlier today and only got caught in a brief shower.

It's pretty windy here in Bristol but it's not exactly been calm on that front all week. I still managed to go out cycling earlier today and only got caught in a brief shower.

Just got the Bristol forecast - grim!

Was living in London for the 1987 blow and 3 houses in our road lost their roof tilds so experience says to takr it seroously.

S

Edit

SWMBO has just been called in to work as a server set has been drenched due to rain ingress through water off the roof overflowing rain gulley being blown under the roof!

Last edited:

Fingers crossed it doesn't come to that matticles!

I've called you matticles in the banter threads before so shush! :p chuckle

As Steve Wright is fond of saying, Matticles Rhymes with.....

Now let me think :thinking:

Just got the Bristol forecast - grim!

Was living in London for the 1987 blow and 3 houses in our road lost their roof tilds so experience says to takr it seroously.

S

Edit

SWMBO has just been called in to work as a server set has been drenched due to rain ingress through water off the roof overflowing rain gulley being blown under the roof!

May get the same again next week.
www.norton-radstockweather,co,uk

If you are crazy enough to go photographing the rough seas, be very careful and remember the sixth wave is always the biggie.

Unconfirmed, but so it begins

2 people feared dead in Newhaven, washed out to sea taking pics on pebble beach

Back