We'll Take Manhattan - David Bailey - 9pm BBC4

POAH said:
we know who wears the pants in your house then :LOL:

LOL - she controls the remote !!

Oh well watching Restoration Man which I like anyway.

The documentary after was helpful in reminding me how damn good he is. His portraits are so wonderfully graphic.

He's such a part of the furniture, as it were, that occasionally you forget a little.

Shame the documentary didn't feature his paintings more, as I think there rather good.

Daft old codger, reminds me of ME. (Pity I've not got his money though!)

Watched this (on iplayer) and loved it. Great story, acting and visuals. Definitely recommend it, think it would appeal to lots of non-photographers too. Will show it to the wife over the weekend, as I'll be happy to watch it again.

On a side note after watching this decided to finally watch Blow Up. I'm sadly never going to get that 115 minutes of my life back.

I got to watch it last night ;-)

In fact I think my wife enjoyed it and although David Bailey is a name we all know I hadn't full appriciated his impact on fashion photography. Must watch the documentary.

On a side note we have the same unusal middle name !! if only it was a tenth of his talent as well !!

Just got around to watching it, enjoyed every minute. Very nicely filmed with a real 60s feel to it. The guy who played DB was excellent although he reminded me more of a young David Hemmings, ironic given his role in Blow Up.

As for Karen Gillan :love:

I enjoyed the film very much although some of the script was a bit OTT. I enjoyed the documentary too.

Loved every minute. Watched it on catch up tv.

Missus thinks I look a complete prat in my leather jacket and black T. Can't think why ?

Was a really great film. Gillan gave a better than expected performance. I find her acting bland in Doctor Who.

Thought Gillan did really well, I was a bit less convinced by Bailey, but it's a good story and really enjoyed it. She looked fantastic (IMHO).

Watched both the documentary and film last night on iPlayer and really enjoyed them, paricularly the former.

Watching him interact with the models during a shoot was fascinating, he is obviously very emotionally intelligent. I find his manner and approach so refreshing, devoid of all pomp and pretence yet thoroughly professional.

It isn't hard to see why he's so successful.

Back