What car do you drive?

Got this back in september to replace the Cupra R...

IMAG0143.jpg

THE most comfortable car I've ever been in and feels really safe. The 2.4 D5 engine gives me mid-50s mpg, which was the reason I moved to diesel.

Got a massive boot for a saloon - it swallowed two snowboarding bags, three 75-litre duffels, a pram, a baby seat, two adults, and loads of toys recently. Good amount of kit and the Dolby surround stereo is ace.

Love the s60R wheels and brakes.:)

Haha the little old shed gets some stick, but it hasn't let me down yet. That pic is from 3 weeks left at the airport car park in -10 or worse. Battery decided to work first time after a jump start!

Here it is with the mouth closed and in its usual well cared for state :)

Clean Me! by v15ben, on Flickr

i am not on the insurance yet but the other half drives a 15 or so year old Citroen ZX 1.4, over 100,000 miles on it (closer to 150 I think) but he rebuilt the engine last summer and we put new brake pads on over Christmas. The engine is fine now it's been rebuilt (was a bit of a smoker beforehand) but the gearbox is showing its age, shifts are quite harsh and snappy and third has a tendency to grind as the synchromesh is worn :LOL:

still good as a daily driver and not too uneconomical at 55 on the motorway (its geared very low).

i drive a brand new vw golf but it is pants

Everything about it is great apart from the engine. It is a 1.4 petrol and the car is way too heavy for them ever to have created a 1.4 petrol engine for, it can barely get up hills in 3rd gear when it has me, my wife and my two kids in it. I'm really dissapointed in it.

i drive a brand new vw golf but it is pants

Everything about it is great apart from the engine. It is a 1.4 petrol and the car is way too heavy for them ever to have created a 1.4 petrol engine for, it can barely get up hills in 3rd gear when it has me, my wife and my two kids in it. I'm really dissapointed in it.

well you did buy a 1.4! it's hardly going to fly over hills is it :p

i didn't want something that flew over the hills. I wanted something that would cope with the hills. I couldn't afford the 1.6

I have only ever owned cars that were 1.0, 1.2 and 1.4. None of them have been this heavy and had such little power

since redundency came and made itself at home all the wheeled toys have gone and replaced with easy to run family transport in the form of a 2007 Renault Scenic. Actually not the worst thing in the world to drive, its comfy, loads of kit as standard (auto lights, rain sensitive wipers etc) and plenty of room.

Shame the performance is a world away from the good old days of STi Imprezas, V6 Clios, Skylines and Ferrari. But, thats life.

I've discovered 'shed' motoring, I've never been happier. After buying new cars in the past I'm now enjoying genuine depreciation proof motoring, excluding tax and insurance the last 4 years have cost me about £500 in total (that includes MOTs, servicing and depreciation of 3 cars).

This is my latest, £1300 and comfortably the best car I've ever owned, even beating the £8k Clio 172 Cup I ran for a while from nearly new (and sold for £1500 less than I paid for it)...

smugshot6886081-L.jpg

93k on the clock but utterly spotless, I've had it for nearly a year now and it's never let me down, and by the feel of things very few of the 170 horses appear to have escaped...even the air-con works!

Engines are the opposite of lenses, the higher the number the faster! :)

I bought myself a shed for Winter, 4door 1997 Honda Civic 96k miles, complete with MoT till August, rusty rear quarters and an immaculate interior - mechanically good. It's a 1.4, costs £55 to fill for 300+ miles!

I've had this for a week now and thought it time to share some pics etc.

It's an Astra GTC 2.0cdti 165PS SRI. Standard kit includes:
- DAB
- USB
- tinted rear windows
- electric parking brake
- half leather seats

I've added:
- sat nav
- front and rear parking sensors
- Bluetooth
- VXR Styling Kit
- 19" wheels

149737_10151589477690085_521675084_24433316_820391574_n.jpg

149353_10151589477870085_521675084_24433317_1076097160_n.jpg

526092_10151589477990085_521675084_24433318_1930300750_n.jpg

525659_10151589478080085_521675084_24433319_108251254_n.jpg

Thoughts so far:

- It drives very well indeed. You can really feel the improvements gained from the HiPer strut front suspension, the wider track, and the other adjustments they've made. You can really push it into a corner without much fear of understeer. The feel and weight of the steering is really very good, and the car just feels so planted on the road. You have every confidence of what's underneath you.

- The interior is very much the same as the 5dr, which I'm used to a quite like actually. Rear space is very good for the type of car.

- The exterior looks really great, especially with the wheels and the styling kit. The 20" wheels look even better, but they're not available on my scheme. Like all 3dr coupe/hatchbacks the doors are very big and take some getting used to in car parks etc.

- The engine is the same as the one I had in my last 5dr so no surprises there. I've driven the 1.6 turbo (180PS) and while it's a great engine and it really suits the car, it would cost me another £100+ in fuel (and another £10 a month on the scheme). The VXR and GSI versions are definitely something to look forward to! The VXR has 280PS.

Overall I can see why it's winning magazine group tests against rivals like the Scirocco and Megane coupe. I just need to decide if I fancy another one, and if so what colour this time! :)

Nice looking car Joe, but you should get the VXR for sure. :cool:

I swapped the TT for a TTS just before Christmas. 272bhp - 0-60 4.9 secs, quattro with sat nav and all the toys. Most fun you can have with your socks on. :D

side by tonky8203, on Flickr

If I can't kill myself in this I'll never manage it!

I have an aim that whatever car I get it should be more powerful than the last.

My cars in order:-
Metro
Astra 1.3 mk1 (boy did hat car suffer from brake fade but the gearbox was fantastic) 86bhp
Cavalier 1.6 90bhp (technically more powerful but slower)
BMW 318is 140bhp (very nice to drive but not good I snow!)
Audi a4 2.0 tfsi s-line Quattro 200bhp (the Quattro is very nice and the s-line gives it better handling but it still doesn't have the feedback of he BMW)

Mk7 ford fiesta
:)

And.... One of these.......

5727186671_f1a600841e_z.jpg

Car Number 4

Had to let me E39 M5 go about a year ago - it had a custom exhaust and was remapped. Best car I ever had and the engine noise was awesome.

I'm happy with the 335 touring that its been replaced with. Remap, Hartge springs and Quaife diff. Basically an M3 estate. Loads of room for any kit :)

25q80nt.jpg

2lkqrdk.jpg

DSCF16451.jpg

Until recently this

21052010081-2.jpg

Which costs more to fill up with petrol...

Than to tax this for a year:D

DSC_8016.jpg

My current mode of transport (1108cc of throbbing power), at least until the Beetle is back on the road.

(The dent was already in it when I bought it)

Rectly swapped my 120D for a 130i

6 cylinders, straight 6, so smooth and powerdul. 0-60 in 6 seconds, 260bhp.

car.jpg

Bit on the thirsty side though.

Come with:

Satnav
Leather
Comfort access
CD changer
Heated Seats
Cruis control
Sunroof (rare in a 1 series)
Elcetric seats
Xenons
Uprated speakers (10 with amp)
PDC F+r
Lumbar
Voice control

Had a Nissan 350z up until six months ago, sold it and just had a Citroen DS3 DSport Plus Special Edition confirmed for delivery end of May.

V.Excited. Nothing compared to the 350z in terms of fun, but amazing fuel economy and loads of gadgets.

Have been through all manner of hot hatch in the 12 years since passing me test. Now I glide about in a Volvo s60 tank. So much car for the money and it eats up those motorway miles.

Hopefully collecting my Jetta TDi this evening 29k on the clock and FSH, should last a long time! Gonna be quite a change from my little Micra.

Can't wait! Pics on Friday hopefully since there probably won't be any light left when I get it home!

Last edited:
Hopefully collecting my Jetta TDi this evening 29k on the clock and FSH, should last a long time! Gonna be quite a change from my little Micra.

Can't wait! Pics on Friday hopefully since there probably won't be any light left when I get it home!

Light paint it then :D

Atb
Cliff

268244_10150699805320431_620480430_19340366_5508904_n.jpg

Not quite a car but heres my baby..

Heres my baby, Jaguar X type 2.5 Litre V6 4 wheel drive ( which is up for sale lol)

Jaguar1.jpg

Les :D

Last edited by a moderator:
1990 Peugeot 205 - it still brings a smile to my face on twisty roads when I haven't got the kids in :)

7171025294_347655471d_c.jpg

jason7579 said:
1990 Peugeot 205 - it still brings a smile to my face on twisty roads when I haven't got the kids in :)

I bought one of those 6 months old in 1987 1.6GTi the same colour

I absolutely loved it, I was gutted when I had to sell it :(

At the moment I'm driving a P reg shogun 2.8lwb
But I have a galaxy 2.0tdci power shift on order. I have just been told its due for construction in July :-( this has something to do with the fact that they only make then in blocks as the don't have a big marker for autos. This is going to be a loooooooong wait lol

I bought one of those 6 months old in 1987 1.6GTi the same colour

I absolutely loved it, I was gutted when I had to sell it :(

Had a graphite grey 1988 1.6 in the late 90's and loved it. My wife bought me this 1.9 for my 30th 3 years ago :D

Back