What have you done with your camera today

I really miss going into the LOFT and trying my best to get the film onto the spool and into the tank without making a mess!

Too a load of macro shots of sea shells for a club comp... All of them indifferent but it was an interesting experiment.

Short check, how the 24-85 is working on the 5D and it does pretty well for that nowadays quite cheap glass (1/125, f/4.5, ISO 500, 85mm):

View attachment 21598

Last edited:
Developed half an outdated Ilford HP5+ film in FX15 formula 1+1 for 11.5 mins at 20oC == negs were a bit 'thin' next time I will downrate the film further to 200 ASA.

Carried it in my bag to work, will probably take it home again without taking it out, same as yesterday. I need to do things and go places but it's all been a bit hectic recently as my contract is coming up for renewal and I've been looking at my options.

Still trying to decide which of them to take to Majorca next week. The GS645S has probably secured a place in my bag, can't decide between a 35mm rangefinder and the XP with 10-24mm and 35mm for the other.

Took photos at a x-country event. Kids put more effort into it than adults do. Hardly any exp adjustment to make. Getting better!

Updated the firmware on my D800 so now I can use change ISO with my right hand whilst taking the weight of large lens in left.

Thought about it. Not in a "wish I was taking photos" way, more in a "these are the photos I shall look to take" way, a "how can I push myself further" way, IYSWIM.

Apologies if that doesn't make a great deal of sense, I've had beer :)

Chucked it in the back of the car as I was working in Inverness today.

The plan was was to stop at Glen Coe / Rannoch Moor on the way home but ended up having to drop somebody at Aviemore

Toyed with the Cairngorms on the way home instead but was running late so the camera never saw the light of day which was shame as there was a lovely golden glow as the sun dipped.

Last edited:
Wish I'd taken it out with me this morning. Walking dog and about a dozen geese flew directly over me, just metres above. Passed a friend who had taken the shot with their mobile phone. ARGH!

I bought an external memory drive, and downloaded all my photographs onto it, today. Which meant sorting out all the files, so they were easy to find. My desk top now look lovely a clean!

Yesterday, one of the photos I did:

Cut and scanned that dry film from yesterday's walkabout in Cambridge. Uploaded one of the scanned photographs to Flickr:

Took the Pentax Spotmatic on a little trip to March, Cambridgeshire. Took a few photographs with it of a young raccoon outside of a pet shop with it's owner.

Spent an hour cleaning my super fun EOS 10D which I am lending to a friend's daughter who is on a photography course and needs a digital. She has and uses a Canon 35mm SLR so lenses are not an issue. I also fitted the BG-ED3 grip on it but the portrait shutter release button is not working. Will try and sort that later.

It's a loaner so will be coming back. It is also my bash about camera and such low in price value that it would be a travesty to sell.

It goes to the rough places in poor weather. Like an old friend.

Steve

Last edited:
Went out to a protest outside the Vietnamese Embassy here in Phnom Penh and took some snaps. :)

View attachment 21938 View attachment 21939 View attachment 21940 View attachment 21941
The images are interesting, but would mean a lot more, with a few words explaining the protest.

As for my day... Took I think one 35mm film photo, maybe two, at a car boot sale. Later I uploaded a few such as this:

... and scanned the two rolls of 120 film that I developed last night.

Took her out for a walk around Clyne Gardens in Swansea, taking photos for my college project of "Autumn" (imaginative of the tutor I know but it's only our third week on a level one City & Guilds course)

Considering my massive mistake last week when I went to photograph the red kites and forgot to adjust my shutter speed:oops: :$, I'm half happy with some of the shots I took today...

Went to a football match, Chelmsford City v Writtle, I have daughters that play for both clubs, here's one of the shots I took.

Some fantastic shots. Why on earth have they only had 3 or 4 views? The players would love to see these! Brilliant

I briefly considered taking an image of a fantastic rainbow over the otter valley with my blackberry - then i realised that attempting photography while doing 70Mph on the A30 would be deeply irresponsible and probably illegal. By the time i'd found somewhere to stop the light had gone :(

Boxed up one of my Pentax MXy bodies with a power winder, and M 50mm f/1.7 prime and an M 80-200mm affer a good final clean up. Then off to thd Post Office to send.

What are you sending? from the clerk.... My answer was Camera Kit with no Li-ion batteries in ths box..... her response Any loose batteries etc etc. I got the impression that I was disbelieved so, to help, i mentioned that the camera wa 32 years old and Li-ion type batteries were not used in cameras then just plain old springs and levers.

All sorted and goodbye to my sturdy old friend.

Had a beer in memory this evening and onwards in getting my other 2 x MX , 2 x ME Supers and an MG cleaned and ready for despatch. An MX and ME Super going to Australia and N ME Super to Ireland when payment received..... Still toing and froing on price for the others.

Sad but I wwould not use them again...

Steve

Last edited:
Today I've been around London Bridge, walked to Tower Bridge, back up to Southwark Bridge and them around the market. Now waiting on my burger and chips as recompense for my travels! Been up here since about 7:30.

Trying out some photography of the area and trying to complete some of my early OCA exercises at the same time.

Last edited:
The images are interesting, but would mean a lot more, with a few words explaining the protest.

As for my day... Took I think one 35mm film photo, maybe two, at a car boot sale. Later I uploaded a few such as this:

... and scanned the two rolls of 120 film that I developed last night.

As a nurse, I'd LOVE one of these! :D

Good photo, too!

We're going to a friends over the weekend, and we're both doing some cooking. I'm taking a beef madras and some chicken tandoori, which I made today.

Not the best photos, as they're just for fun, but YUM!!.....

Beef Madras
by Jackie XLY, on Flickr

Beef Madras/Jalfrezi
by Jackie XLY, on Flickr

Took my Pentax MX on a group walk and snapped off 2 or 3 landscapes on the off chance they might be interesting for the POTY Autumn Landscape round! I know that a more considered approach is what's really needed, but opportunities don't necessarily come all that often, and the light was nice. Portra 400 shot at 250, since you ask.

Lenses, cameras, filters cleaned, batteries charged, memory cards all scrubbed, bags packed. Off to Ardnamurchan / Mull for two weeks. :)

Back