What have you done with your camera today

Cleaned ny my 50D and Cybershot HX60 (not been using my EOS M kit much since getting thjs) thoroughly. Am off to Donegal and Northern Ireland coast on Wednesday for some Autumn meandering by car.

I took my wife and dog to a village near to Fritton in Norfolk, took some piccies ofa lovely little church with my Canon M!

Gave it a clean and had a sort through some lens's I no longer need :)

I was in a café that's on two floors and saw some interesting light at a bend of the narow stairs connecting the two levels, so I set to making some images ...

A waitress kept appearing with food and plates etc, & I quickly got out of her way every time I saw her coming, with a growing mutual amusement.

I have tried my hardest to get it to bring a smile to my face after looking at the rear of it after hitting the shutter as you do to view the image captured, and I think I managed that with my camera today, get in there!

Last edited:
Nothing as ordered a Fuji x100s which came and the battery charger is faulty!!!

Went to a color run in a local park. Couldnt find anywhere to park the car and missed the majority of it.

I took it to the Oktoberfest today. In the morning to shoot my daughter going on all the rides using up 60 euro in 2 hours. Telephoto and high shutter speed.

Then going back without the camera in the evening and spending 40 euro in 4 hours on beer and food and dancing to classics such as ABBA, Gloria Gaynor and ACDC. For some reason I was singing YMCA on the bike on the way home.

Last edited:
Landed back home after my last wedding of the year, in Italy !

6Rwzopp.jpg

Sold 'old faithful' - my Canon EOS10D with a nifty fity.... complete with the simple advice
- 'remember EF-S lenses do not fit on the 10D'!!!!

'

This evening, I'm going to an elderly neighbour's birthday do in a local pub restaurant. I'm taking the little X10. :)

Rainy day. Made some AF-adjustments with the lenses I recently bought and then with the Tamron 24-70 and found out, I have to send it to the Service again. The left side isn't as sharp as the right side, when focussed in the middle. When I focus with the outermost left point it the focus is significantly in front. I still own a Canon EF 24-70 f/2.8 L which isn't as sharp as the Tamron at all, but does it's best in any situation. This will be the fourth time the Tamron will see the service, since January this year.

I have protected it from accumulating dust and wear by leaving it neatly in its bag:(

I really want a Tamron 24-70 f/2.8, but this kind of report does put me off. One round of servicing is fair enough I suppose, but four?!

Walked around Capel Curig, took the tripod out of bag and thought that looks different - it was because the head was still safe and sound at home.

I really want a Tamron 24-70 f/2.8, but this kind of report does put me off. One round of servicing is fair enough I suppose, but four?!
I had one before which was pretty good. It was stolen in January. So I bought a Canon f/2.8 24-70mm Mark I, but wasn't satisfied with the sharpness at 2.8. It also has a lot of CAs in the blurry part of pictures with backlight, so I've got a Tamron too. The first two times it was at service for adjustment, the first one failed, so I got another chance on warranty.
The third time it was there, because the left side of each picture was quite extreme out of focus. In most pictures you have sharpness in the center and you don't care about that stuff around, so it takes a while until you recognize that.
Now I found out, that now the left side is out of focus, but more slightly and probably not visible at other than f/2.8. But I came to that, by checking how good the outer AF points do work and as it is, I get the focus too much in front when using the outermost left point and a little bit, when using the outermost right one. Both are working perfect with the Canon. So I'm considering to sell both after the Tamron is adjusted again and buy me a Canon Mark II instead. On the downside the latter has no IS, which was another reason to buy the Tamron. The Canon 24-70 f/2.8 IS is rumored to come out in 18 - 24 month and will be for sure too expensive anyway. And the 24-70 f/4 IS is not much an option, although I barely use f/2.8 on the 24-70mm, but it's more psychological.

Today I've been taking a look at the shots I took last night at a classical guitar recital/concert. Shooting was tricky from the seating area but I managed to get a couple of shots from my seat thanks to the extremely quiet, small & stealthy X10.

David Harvey by Box with a button, on Flickr

Last edited:
Tried to find a barn owl site, failed miserably. Thinking of selling up completely

Brought 3 of them back from the Lake District film meet, without the filter holder cover, which appears to have been dropped in the long grass somewhere. Annoying. However, if someone had said at the start that the price of going was a lost filter cover, I'd still have gone. A blast!

Erm, my camera is hibernating at the moment, hope to wake it soon (it does tend to like the Autumn!)

Was walking around and made some shots:

IMG_9664.jpg

Received an accidentally (on purpose) RX100 mk1 from FleaBay yesterday which was described as "THE DISPLAY AT THE BACK IS OK WHEN ITS ON BUT WHEN ITS OFF ITS A BIT MARKED LOOKS LIKE IT HAS A SCREEN PROTECT ON IT BUT IT HAS NOT" i.e.

uP8roKg.jpg

It is actually what appears to be quite common on some Sony models and is actually a factory fitted screen protector, so peeled it off (looks good as new), ordered a new screen protector and updated the firmware on my new pocket toy - very impressed so far :)

Decided to stay with file naming begining with IMG_ as it works for every month. :D

Took it out in the fog in the park full of autumn trees this morning. I've not checked through my pictures yet, but the place was oozing with photogenic views, so I must have got a card full of real winners. Or did I?

Last edited:
Took it out in the fog in the park full of autumn trees. I've not checked through my pictures yet, but the place was oozing with photogenic views, so I must have got a card full of real winners. Or did I?

To really amp that feeling of delayed gratification, Ian, you should take a film camera! Then not even chimping, just hope (and skill, I suppose).

That's where "film simulation mode" is useful. It locks the picture files with encryption for 7 days before you can look at them.

My mother is collecting for the poppy appeal this afternoon so I'm going to surprise her later on by turning up to take her picture. :)

Gave it to the nice lady at the Post Office to send it to its new owner:)

Nothing photo-wise but I have figured something out about my little camera: in order to soften the shadows in the settings menu, I have to have the ISO set no higher than 800. Any higher, including auto ISO modes even when the camera chooses ISO100, and the shadows setting defaults to the "middle" setting of "0".

Bought a low cost tripod off Amazon (chinese copy of a copy) put my brand new 5DS on it with a 70-300 lens
just to see if it could take it,been sat admiring it all day as its never stopped persisting down outside

Back