What New Gear Have You Purchased This Week?

Kenko Teleplus DGX 1.4X Pro-300 Converter. Just arrived and immediately stuck it on my Canon 7D and 70-300L. Seems to work fine although it does struggle a bit to focus at 300mm (f8). It does focus but hunts a bit first. Too early to comment on image quality though.

Bought a 600EX-RT Flash last week and a 105mm polariser and adaptor ring for my lee holder this week. Bring on the weekend. :)

Fuji X-Pro1, 18mm, 18-55mm, Fuji filters to suit, 2 x batteries & an Artisan & Artist strap... Porridge is on the menu for the rest of the month!

A medium camera insert to fit my newly acquired £10 canvas messenger bag, a spare QR plate and some 30mm foam pipe insulation to use on the legs of my recently acquired Velbon tripod.

Just 'won' an old minolta 35-105 zoom to use as a portrait and longer landscape lens on my Sony A58.

My wife has forbidden me to buy any more cameras. So there's absolutely no way that I could have ordered an Olympus E-P5 and 17mm f/1.8 lens on Sunday night. And it'd be impossible for me to say that it's very nice indeed. Especially now the battery is charged.

a canon 70-200 F 4 L looks like a new bag will be on the list soon to

An m42 lens, Yashica Auto Yashinon DX 50mm F1.7 and an m42 to fuji x adaptor.

D7100 (new) and 18-200 (s/h), just need to save up for the 35/1.8 now :)

D7100.jpg

I just bought a second hand Canon 70-200 f2.8 IS mk I, and a 2X converter mk III to replace my Sigma 50-200 and 120-400. I'll post some pics up later. Dead chuffed with them so far! My next purchase is going to be a canon 400mm 2.8, but the missus tells me that's not going to be for a while! (Yea, right!! I may have to 'accidentally slip and order one)

GoPro Hero 3+
and battery pack (but might take it back as it doesnt come with the 3+ back door)

Just ordered myself a new Dell U2713h monitor with my Xmas Amazon vouchers

After selling my Canon 5D mark II....only due to fact that the equipment bag was getting bigger and bigger and i could not be bovered to carry it around any more have just bought a Olympus E-PL5. with 14-42mm and 17mm lens! just been using it today with great results and ease of being small & portable ..got the bug again now...:)

Picked up the Lee DSLR starter kit (holder, 0.6 ND and 0.6 ND hard) and WA adapter for my 24-105mm. Also just ordered a Big Stopper, which will hopefully be here for the weekend (and hopefully the weather is kind).

Well it didn't take too long into the new year before I finally got round to it. I've just ordered a new Canon 24-70 f2.8L MkII after selling my equivalent Sigma lens. It'll make a great companion to my 70-200 f2.8L IS MkII I'm sure. I just can't wait to bolt it onto my 5D3 and get snapping.

I've had an email saying it's been shipped and I should get it Monday or Tuesday :):LOL::)

Last edited:
New Sigma 50-500 will be arriving on Friday, old one could not be repaired even by Sigma in Japan.

Trevor

Picked up a Lastolite grey/white card. And, seeing as I keep posting pickups and no pictures, previously mentioned Lee filter holder with Big Stopper and 0.6 ND. ^_^

EDIT: Can I upload pictures to TP and embed them in a post or do I need to use Flickr for that?

Last edited:
Bought the Nikon 70-200mm 2.8 vr2 yesterday. Getting it delivered today. Cant wait to try it out. I'm like a kid at XmaS eve :D

A Canon 50mm f1.8 II. I had one but it broke a few months back, after a couple of years of use. Bought new at a local shop, paid around £15-£20 more than I could have on-line but I need want it for *tomorrow night, plus it's UK covered :)

*Pub gig

Just purchased a Sony RX100 compact and first impressions are very favourable.

Andy

....I bought one in December (a Mk2) and have it permanently on my trousers belt in a pouch. Extremely impressive in low light but shockingly limited zoom (optical, I won't use digital zoom) and slow to autofocus compared with my Canon DSLR gear.

It's quite a heavy camera for it's small size.

I bought Imageonic Noiseware as a Photoshop plug-in. This will greatly surprise any 'dragons den' toggers from the TP Birds section! :D

My first tripod! It seems more than adequate for my needs -

1524995.jpg

....Manfrotto carbon? 290 series?

I was looking at one yesterday and also that head with its squeeze-grip. How are you finding that grip or have you not used it yet?

Just ordered a few rolls of Adox Silvermax 35mm black & white film....does that count as 'gear'? :cool:

....Manfrotto carbon? 290 series?

I was looking at one yesterday and also that head with its squeeze-grip. How are you finding that grip or have you not used it yet?

Unfortunately not, it's only a Manfrotto MKC3-H01 Compact. I'll only be using it the odd occasion when it's needed for nighttime car photography hence the reason I when for one of the cheaper tripods in the range.

I haven't actually had chance to use it yet but first impressions are good (although I've never used once previously to compare).

Canon 24-105 f/4 L USM. Haven't had much chance to use it yet but it seems a great piece of kit to me.

Alan

Back