what ring flash?

Name
Jason
Edit My Images
Yes
hi just got a Tamron 90mm.Was wondering what ring flash to get for macro but also use for portraits.Any suggestions ?

If you've got a standalone flashgun, have a look at the Orbis. You slot it in the bottom and you can trigger it via sync cord or whatever remote triggering method you can use.

I've been pleased with the results I've got on my portrait shoots whenever I've used it.

A similar product is the Rayflash but that is specific to each flash you use I think.

Hope that helps.

If you've got a standalone flashgun, have a look at the Orbis. You slot it in the bottom and you can trigger it via sync cord or whatever remote triggering method you can use.

I've been pleased with the results I've got on my portrait shoots whenever I've used it.

A similar product is the Rayflash but that is specific to each flash you use I think.

Hope that helps.

thanks bit more than i was hoping to spend as would need bracket as well but best i've seen so far thanks

jc450d said:
do you use for both portraits and macro? Checked your flicker nice work

I used an o flash as a cheap experiment. It was ok. Light a bit flat for portraits but not bad for macro. Might have a set on Flickr with the o flash.

S

I use an old vivitar one. Bought new for about 70 a decade or more ago. 6000af I think it is.

do you use for both portraits and macro? Checked your flicker nice work

Yes sometimes for head and shoulders shots, glad you liked my flickr work, Thank you (y)

Les ;)

Ps I find off camera flash better for Portraits to be 100% honest

You don't need to use the bracket with the orbis , this also gives you the option to use it off of lens axis . I purchased one after attending an event with James Madelin the inventor . It was a very interesting night been shown different ways to use it . There's a group on Flickr if you have a search .

I know someone who gets very good macro results with a Rayflash rip-off -

Coco Ring Flash £30-£40.

Back