What's your 'pet-hate' in a photograph?

Here! Here!

One of my (many) pet peeves is the use of wrong spellings of homophones. The expression is "hear, hear" rather than "here here". Don't see it much in photographs but since we seem to be ignoring that bit of the OP...

I love this thread.

People who think that documentary shots, a la' Martin Parr are pretentious rubbish and dont bother looking for a meaning behind the shots.

Selective colouring :bang:

Usually a photo done by an "expert" and repleat with comment

Actually, what I hate most, is my friend deciding he should be in the photo I was taking:

and I hate oversized pictures posted by people who have been here long enough to know the rulez ;)

and I hate oversized pictures posted by people who have been here long enough to know the rulez ;)
Dam, sorry - it was on photobucket for a different forum. Not that you including my image in your quote is any better :)

One of my (many) pet peeves is the use of wrong spellings of homophones.
Or the wrong usage/spelling of many words...

There/their/they're, its/it's, then/than (I absolutely hate when I see things like.. "rather then" when they mean "rather than", REALLY annoying), who's/whose, etc. posted about the forums.

The list is pretty much endless, but those are the ones that immediately spring to mind. As well as adding apostrophes where they shouldn't exist. "Memory Card's for sale", etc. :)

sod it i just hate photos, no i hate everything... :clap:

/emo

Or the wrong usage/spelling of many words...

There/their/they're, its/it's, then/than (I absolutely hate when I see things like.. "rather then" when they mean "rather than", REALLY annoying), who's/whose, etc. posted about the forums.

The list is pretty much endless, but those are the ones that immediately spring to mind. As well as adding apostrophes where they shouldn't exist. "Memory Card's for sale", etc. :)

While we're on that subject...

I wouldn't ever claim to be brilliant at spelling or grammer, but why on earth do people use 'brought' when they mean 'bought'? :bonk:

I don't lose sleep over it though :razz:

bright objects near the edge which can be cloned out...

Best 6 pages of entertainment i've read since the Playboy Xmas Special. :clap:

Only one thing i dislike and thats the photo when someone takes a photo of someone else taking a photo of them taking a photo ... you get the idea :shake:

Luckily i don't see that much on here :LOL:

Only one thing i dislike and thats the photo when someone takes a photo of someone else taking a photo of them taking a photo ... you get the idea :shake:

Similar are the people taking photos of themselves in the mirror with their face completely covered by the camera. Kind of reminds me of a lot of those cameraphone images you see on the internet modeling sites.

Heaven's above. It's such a damning indictment on the human condition when the most heavily trafficked thread of the day is about what people hate about the thing they're supposed to love.

Luckily i don't see that much on here :LOL:

just for you

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3296/3088407061_1dc03dece8_o.jpg

Staff Edit : Images changed to clickable links. Pictures must not exceed current forum limits as per the rules.
Please feel free to replace this with a fresh/resized image and remove this text :)

I've taken a few nice shots on both a P&S and phone camera, just reinforcing the point.:p

Fair enough.

It always slightly depresses me that there's more folk reading the Equipment forum than the Photography forum though. So many seem to genuinely believe that you can't take good shots with a P&S or a cameraphone.

One of my favourite shots I took last year was done with a 3.2MP cameraphone.

So many seem to genuinely believe that you can't take good shots with a P&S or a cameraphone.

I think it really depends on the purpose. I'd never turn up to a client to shoot stills or video with a Samsung Omnia or an iPhone. :)

oh and another pet hate,text speak-what's all that about?

nowt to do with the OP I know but...

"Oh and another, Exif data placed in the frame..."

or indeed the copyright in the centre of an image that would be only be copied by someone who was going to put it on their facebook for a laugh.

Thx 4 da pst m8

I used to have to compile other peoples photographs for catalogue publication, so, as you can imagine, I had a lot of pet hates, pets being amongst them.

Once had a "professional set" shot from a helicopter and the dust on the sensor was phenomenal!

Gimmicks like live-view and GPS or face recognition. (I know where I took the bloody picture and I know how's in it FFS)

Live view isn't a gimmick, it is brilliant for TSE lenses just like using a view camera and loupe.

Back