Where to buy Nikkor 50mm 1.4g AF-S

PsiFox

Prefers Mac over PC any day
Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
Anyone know who has them in at a good price?

Thanks

CPB says Jacobs says £258.99 with free p and p?

Out of stock and 10 days before delivery (and it's said that for a week):)

Go to Nikon's website and click where to buy - you can find both online and real stores. Try the ones who don't have a website, but you'll have to call them....

Out of stock and 10 days before delivery (and it's said that for a week):)

Jessops get them quickly, I've had 2 from them very quickly.

(1st one with severe focus errors)

Didn't keep the second one (prefer the Sigma) but put in an order with Jessops and you'll get it within 3 to 4 days I reckon.

Jessops get them quickly, I've had 2 from them very quickly.

(1st one with severe focus errors)

Didn't keep the second one (prefer the Sigma) but put in an order with Jessops and you'll get it within 3 to 4 days I reckon.

Thanks for that guys:)

PD - Why do you prefer the Sigma version IQ?

Thanks for that guys:)

PD - Why do you prefer the Sigma version IQ?

focus speed, vignetting control, bokeh, general IQ really.

None of the cheap places ever seem to have stock I've noticed ;)

focus speed, vignetting control, bokeh, general IQ really.

None of the cheap places ever seem to have stock I've noticed ;)

Might have to go look for the sigma then, must have good bokeh.
Oh and by good price I just mean not the stupid retailers who always have silly high prices.

Prepared to pay a fair price as always.

If it helps, the Sigma 50mm f2.8 Macro is a bit of a stunner - granted it's slower, but a lovely lens (albeit with somewhat slouchy AF compared to some).

Can be had for very reasonable money.

Cheers,
James

If it helps, the Sigma 50mm f2.8 Macro is a bit of a stunner - granted it's slower, but a lovely lens (albeit with somewhat slouchy AF compared to some).

Can be had for very reasonable money.

Cheers,
James

Thanks but I want the wider aperture.

It doesn't help you but I got the Sigma for £257.50 delivered just after Christmas. I just noticed on the the Sigma Website the SRP has gone up to £449.99! So I expect that retailers who get them will be wanting £350+ where as the Nikon is still about at £280ish.
Grays of Westminster have one at £310!

I got mine from Jessops when it came out, no problems. Far easier than Jacobs who, while listing it on their website as IN STOCK, explained to me that it actually meant "IN STOCK... in some of our stores and not available online at all"!!

Jessops get by far the biggest allotments of stock, they always get stuff quickly that no one else can.

Decided after reading reviews and being unable to get a date from Jessops or Warehouse Express (90 people in backorder queue already for the Nikon) to order the sigma.

should be here soon:)

Thanks everyone.

Back