Where to get distressed floorboard backdrops

Name
Rosie
Edit My Images
No
I want to do some product photography (of my own products, not branching out into professional product photography!) and am planning on using natural light, but I would like to get a nice distressed floorboard type background. I'm having real trouble finding much on the internet, just one place seems to do it in the UK and I would like to have a bit more choice! Can anyone recommend somewhere? Thanks!

Maybe yellow pages would throw up a reclaimation yard who may well have some old floorboards.

There is always shooting against a plain background and add the wood on the computer after.

its easy enough to get some floorboards from any local reclaim place

its easy enough to get some floorboards from any local reclaim place

^ this too. Depends if you want old and knackered... or fashionably distressed.

Rolling them up is a bugger though ;)

this is true - but fake backgrounds are often unconvincing.

if its for a one off i'd use real floorboards and then cut them up for firewood afterwards

I used laminate flooring. Some of that stuff is VERY convincing from more than 6 inches away, or until you actually walk on it.

There is always shooting against a plain background and add the wood on the computer after.
I'm not sure how a dubious browsing history after a day's shooting helps...

Oh, I see what you mean now.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys! Sounds like photography-backdrops.co.uk is going to be the place to go I think!

Awesome thanks Peter, that looks ideal!!

Back