Whipsnade in the Snow

Name
Marac Andrzej Kolodzinski
Edit My Images
No
Went there today just to take the Olympus Pen out for a spin. Nice little camera but had to resort to the faithful 1Ds3 to nail this one. comments & critique invited.

This is really nice i like this, colours isolated in the snow and those ice paw prints make for a well framed photo (y)

Thanks for the comments, I have been to Whipsnade many many times but never had the luck of a frozen pond with a full blown Tiger laying across it.

yeah I do love this shot. You've not over done the orange, it looks very natural. When you next going over there ?

yeah I do love this shot. You've not over done the orange, it looks very natural. When you next going over there ?

Im a full member and live local so anytime is prime time for me, cars get in free at the moment.

interesting, might have to get over there during the xmas break. Fancy meeting up ?

interesting, might have to get over there during the xmas break. Fancy meeting up ?

anytime mate, I'll PM you my contact number then just drop me a call when you going over and I'll meet you up.

lovely candid shot. i love cats i just wanna cuddle that tiger!

What a great shot....... with all that white it almost looks like a studio shot.!

I love big cats and tigers being my fav...... beautiful colours

Thanks for the comments, I don't post pics very often, it's great to get such positive feedback.

Adding 2 more shots in the snow. The red Deer was taken at Richmond Park

right place right time... been going there for ages and never got any decent Tiger shots until now.. maybe because it is Year of the Tiger

Love the red deer. One of my wishes to get them in the snow.

Been in Scotland and yesterday went to see them in 1-2 foot of snow but no joy:(

Nice shots of the tiger.

Thanks. I might have to try and organise a TP Meet in Richmond Park it is a great experience

Gorgeous shots and definately ones to be proud of, can see those in big print on a wall somewhere.

Gorgeous shots and definately ones to be proud of, can see those in big print on a wall somewhere.

Actually I had someone ask me that very question if I was interested in selling them prints of the 3 Tiger shots (there are 3) but I have no idea about such things.

Try googling "canvas prints" - very straight forward and starting at £4 on ebay to whatever someone will pay

Lovely shots by the way

I've had prints done to canvas (they were a lot more than £4 :( ) I will do some googling Thanks.

Marac, I'm not surprised this is so good! After seeing that chimp picture of yours!

Fantastic mate!

We must try get a local meet sorted again!

I'm always up for a meet up Dave... I notice you got the 70-200 mkII, nice ain't it? I went for the Sigma 50mm f1.4 instead of the Canon and very happy I did.

PM me if you ever want to meet, we are neighbours man.

Fantastic!! And I got the 2x converter after our conversation too ;) and that's impressive! So glad I did that rather than go down the 100-400 route!

Ah I was looking at the canon 1.4, but I've hears some bad things about it so was contemplating the sigma...

Yeah wicked, I'll PM you soon!!

Sigma 50mm f1.4 slaughters the Canon IMO and from what I've seen of the 85mm f1.4 THAT is awesome too... already own the 85mm f1.2L and I very much doubt the Sigma will better that.

hmmm maybe i'll go for the sigma 1.4 instead... ill have a good tryout in store and make sure i pick the right one!!

Loving the colours in the tiger shots Marac!

Stunning!

Im a full member and live local so anytime is prime time for me, cars get in free at the moment.

Absolutely stunning, really like that photo mate and would look good on your wall :)

I'm a member as well but I didn't realise cars get in for free now, when does that finish as it's normally £8?

Also what was the hill like getting up to the Zoo as it's very steep and bendy?

Sorry this got lost in the depths of the forum...

Rob- Thanks mate, let's get over there soon mate.

Rich - Thank you, Im not sure when the car freeness will run out but it is definitely on until the end of the month. The Hill seemed fine tbh and my car is rear wheel drive so easy to go sliding around, it is all nice and clear now so no worries, Let me know if you fancy meeting up there, There is an official TP meet at Whipsnide Jan 15th Saturday so hopefully you will go.

The 1st Tiger & the Stag are just stunning (like the 2nd Tiger one as well just not as much) Me thinks a trip to Whipsnade may be on the cards for this year....

I initially thought that the colours in the second tiger shot were overdone, but I'm rather liking them now.

For reference, here's a shot taken at about the same time, dealt with in my own inimitably crappy kind of way.

113715__40D5555 by alanjager, on Flickr

Different - yes
Crappy - No

I doubt we will ever be that lucky again to get the tigers laying on a frozen pond

Back