Whipsnade Zoo TP meet 15/9/12

• Thread starter Deleted member 29733
  • Start date
What are you peeps using for your PP'ing please?

I'm using Elements 9

lightroom4 here, just for the flickr uploads. very quick. (y)

@ gary loving those red panda shots, especially number 3 he looks like he's sneaking up on you.

Last edited:
Hi Mike, I have got Lightroom 4 but cant get on with it.:LOL:

Yeah, I did that for a while too. Stopped soon after when I realised how versatile RAW is. Unless shooting fast moving subjects you probably won't shoot jpeg again. Well worth putting in the effort IMHO.

Will be going back to Whipsnade with my wife soon so will shoot RAW and if I cock it up its a good excuse to go back again :LOL:

Will also check my camera to see if the previous owner has changed any of the setting for colour etc. I only got the camera on the Friday so didn't have much time to check all settings.

Sorry Martin wasn't about earlier but just copied your original picture and got this, just a quick edit

Lion_Unedited.jpg

Not perfect but I hate seeing the bars so cropped and cloned them out,
to get rid if the green on top of the head (I assume that's what you mean, use the elliptical marque tool and feather the selection then alter the colour slightly

I don't shoot raw as I've said in the past, get the setting right in the camera and you don't need a lot of editing, ok so some people will say I need all the help I can get (no names need mentioning :wacky:)

Awww Gary those red pandas are so cute I missed them time, did get a quick glimpse of the baby

ok so some people will say I need all the help I can get (no names need mentioning :wacky:)

Would I say such a thing :shrug:

Hi Mike, I have got Lightroom 4 but cant get on with it.:LOL:

i had lightroom3 then did the upgrade i absolutely love it, so quick and easy and lots to learn still. i'm going on a short day course just to learn the "develop module" should be fun (y)

Not perfect but I hate seeing the bars so cropped and cloned them out, to get rid if the green on top of the head (I assume that's what you mean, use the elliptical marque tool and feather the selection then alter the colour slightly

I don't shoot raw as I've said in the past, get the setting right in the camera and you don't need a lot of editing, ok so some people will say I need all the help I can get (no names need mentioning :wacky:)

Thanks Ingrid, I prefer it without the bars. I think I will have to seriously start looking at using PE9 properly.

It is a powerful programme Martin, any questions I'm sure you'll get plenty of answers and help, I originally learnt way back on one of the early photoshop programes and a Sams Teach Yourself Book and just progressed with as it was upgraded.
It was actually your lynx pics that I felt lacked colour, they look very pale to me, not that lovelt deep orange

I was amazed at just how sharp the 150/500 was on those nettles, cubs were blurred out to :LOL::LOL:

Seems I'm the only one that missed the wolf with it's tongue out :D

I was amazed at just how sharp the 150/500 was on those nettles, cubs were blurred out to :LOL::LOL:
Is that what is commonly known as depth of "field" :shrug:

:D

Is that what is commonly known as depth of "field" :shrug:

Is it............................ bugger you learn something new everyday :D

It is a powerful programme Martin, any questions I'm sure you'll get plenty of answers and help, I originally learnt way back on one of the early photoshop programes and a Sams Teach Yourself Book and just progressed with as it was upgraded.
It was actually your lynx pics that I felt lacked colour, they look very pale to me, not that lovelt deep orange

I've had PS from about PS6 and I still can't use it properly. :LOL:

Yes I thought the Lynx shots looked a bit washed out.

What was your focus point setting?

Oh WOW Mike, the way you got the sun coming off the nettles and the texture on that log, exquisite. :D

I love the chimp shot, I often wonder what goes through their minds.

Another super lake shot, I just love the blue colour of the water it looks so inviting. (y)

Lynx story 1

What, who, where?

What's going on kids?

Ermmm, nothing much...

Oh no, why did he have to get up!

Time to hide

Gone...yum!

Soooper set Gary, love 'em all.

I personally can't fault them. (y)

great lot of shots wish I could have made it but went the game fare at western park with the OH. I still have to see the cheetah cubs so hopefully will get to go within the next few weeks.:)

AFC said:
Gary were you using the Canon 70-200 2.8?

No, the 100-400. I got it second hand on here. Not the quickest if lenses but a steal for what it is and the results I can get from it...I think! I'd love the 200 for Colchester though as everything is that bit closer.

I have been going through my Lynx shots and Mum seems the only one who is pale.

I have a few of the kitts on the ledge behind the tree branches and they are the same dark colour as everyone else's.

Also I have a shot of mum sitting/facing me and I have part of the kitts back and that is the nice dark colour.

So I was wondering as mum was in full sun perhaps I could have tried expo comp. :shrug:

No, the 100-400. I got it second hand on here. Not the quickest if lenses but a steal for what it is and the results I can get from it...I think! I'd love the 200 for Colchester though as everything is that bit closer.

Your photo's are so sharp and clear that I even checked to see if the 550d was a full frame, but its APS-C the same as the D300 only difference is D300 12 mega-pixel and 550d is 18 mega-pixel.

AFC said:
Your photo's are so sharp and clear that I even checked to see if the 550d was a full frame, but its APS-C the same as the D300 only difference is D300 12 mega-pixel and 550d is 18 mega-pixel.

Thanks. Most pics I posted here are a tiny crop, all keeping the 6x4 format then resized to 1024px on the long edge, I think pretty much all from >4000px on the long edge

May have to meet up with you at Colchester, but the only thing that worries me is the steep hills.

great lot of shots wish I could have made it but went the game fare at western park with the OH. I still have to see the cheetah cubs so hopefully will get to go within the next few weeks.:)

Cheers Trish, wouldhave been good to meet you (y)
Cheetah cubs are being a bit shy at the moment, hiding at the back

Lovely set Gary, keep practising and you'll be as good as me :D

Was crap Matt, you didn't miss anything (Much :D)

I know where I'd rather of been than shopping for wedding threads :razz: Got a bargin but would still rather have been out with you guys. Roll on the winter visit meet :wave:

Di

One should listen to the wise old women of the tribe.

Sorry to be boring and bring it back to photos!

Lynx kit story part II

Yawwwn, what time is it?

You lot, what you up to?

(Mumbled) Mmm nothing

Oooh, what are these pointy things in my paw? I wonder what they are for? They look like those grabbers in the teddy machines!

Ooops, trod on something...

Yep, definitely a grabber

No more Lynx...I promise (where's the fingers crossed smiley?!)

There's no doubt about it, they were absolutely gorgeous and very entertaining.

Another lovely set Gary, keep em coming.(y)

May have to meet up with you at Colchester, but the only thing that worries me is the steep hills.

There's no doubt about it, they were absolutely gorgeous and very entertaining.

Another lovely set Gary, keep em coming.(y)

Thanks Martin, will do (y)

I will give you a shout next time we are heading to Colchester. If you stick to the outside, the terrain is much flatter. We're off to Scotland at the end of the week so won't be heading there for at least a few weeks I'm afraid.

I think this will be the last from me (Phew! I hear you all say!)

You looking at me? I don't see anyone else around here..

You're so boring!

Nerrr, I can roll my tongue, can you?

He looks bored of me too!

I had to stand on the arm of the bench and still the grass is in the way!

...oops, couldn't resist! It's those eyes :nuts:

Phew! See, even I'm saying it!

Back