Windows 8 and Lightroom 4

Name
Rhod
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm tempted to buy LR4 but am not sure how it will run in the windows 8 environment. Adobe say its OK but I would welcome input from any of you guys who are using it! So far I'm not very impressed by windows latest offering......

I'm tempted to buy LR4 but am not sure how it will run in the windows 8 environment. Adobe say its OK but I would welcome input from any of you guys who are using it! So far I'm not very impressed by windows latest offering......

Well buy it and go back to Win7 if you are not impressed with 8.

Bought the laptop with W8 installed. Not sure if I have the option of going back:thinking:

Download the 30 day trial and see for yourself.

Download the 30 day trial and see for yourself.

This is the way forward... get the trial.

If you like it, buy a boxed copy from Amazon or another cheap outlet then just put your licence key in and the trial becomes full version.

LR4 works OK on my setup running Win 8 - no problem at all:)

Yes me too. Absolutely no problems running 64 bit Lightroom 4.2 on Windows 8

I'm using LR4.2 in Windows 8. No problems.

64 bit Lightroom 4.3 on Windows 8 - blindingly fast compared to earlier LR4 versions

Using windows 8 and Lightroom 4.3 on an ssd. Super quick. Also you can get a proper start menu from stardock.com for a few dollars then its just like win 7 with 8 features

I upgraded to windows 8 a few weeks ago and have since gone back to windows 7.
I have also recently upgraded my graphics card to take advantage of the capabilities in Photoshop. It turns out that there are / was a few driver issues with AMD/ATI and Photoshop and to a lesser degree Lightroom. Unless you are using a nvidia or intel based card or this issue has been sorted over the past few weeks then I would stop with windows 7 until they can release a driver that solves the issues. The issue is well documented and the only real way of preventing it in photoshop at least is to reduce GPU usage. I did also have an issue with Dfine crashing as well.

On a side note, Classicshell is fab and was one of the fist things I installed when I did my windows 8 install.

Last edited:
It will be sorted soon... AMD/ATI have always had driver support as a weak point compared to the green team :)

Win8 with LR4.3 here too and it works lovely :D The annoying stutter that would upset my mp3s playing has gone too which was there in Win7

Back