Wolfwatch UK

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Spent a day of photography at Wolfwatch UK, A rescue centre for displaced wolves in the UK. The day was miserable and overcast weatherwise. The wolves themselves are free to roam in quite large enclosures eg upto 5 acres each. Although food was presented to them they are very wary of people and really kept their distance. The oldest wolf (in the world at 18) was reared from a very young age and does seem to respond to humans. They are fit and healthy but look somewhat shabby as they are in the process of losing the winter coat.

Wolfwatch UK by Paul, on Flickr

Nice shots, love the second in particular. WWUK is on my list of places to visit this year, I'm slowly working my way around all the wolves in the UK. :D

WWUK is on my list of places to visit this year
Thanks. The wolves are extremely wary and even when presented with food were very reluctant to show themselves. The one wolf that is approachable is very old and only last week they lost its mate due to its age. I think it would be a much different experience if you couldn't get very close to a wolf as we did.
I asked Tony how long it would be before one of his wolves would become as approachable and he said never.

Back