Woman photoshops herself and her cell phone camera into historical photos

Nice find. I liked those.

I guess the editing doesn't matter, it's the posting that does. Good point. I'd be interested to know what could happen?

The original photographer or current copyright owner could sue for infringement.

Steve.

I guess the editing doesn't matter, it's the posting that does. Good point. I'd be interested to know what could happen?

Cheers.

Probably the same as other artists who appropriate work... nothing.

As for editing other people's work... that's not a copyright issue, that's a moral rights issue, and you have to specifically state that you are asserting your moral rights in writing. Even then, the press and other publishers can effectively ignore moral rights quite legally anyway.

There is a moral right issue here, and a potential copyright issue for the original authors, but I suppose it's whether they are A) still alive or have someone in charge of their estate that is bothered enough to act over them being re-published, and also B) If she's making any money out of these images. Some people just aren't bothered about whether people use their images until money raises it's head, particularly such famous ones that have been in the public domain for decades.

The other matter we're guessing at is whether she has obtained permission to do this... which she may well have done. I know this isn't the first time she's produced wok like this.

Last edited:
photoshop skills are great, like these alot. good laugh too

If I remember correct copyright is 70 years, and some of these images maybe older than that, so possible not an issue at all.

I thinks she is making a valid point about living life and not just viewing it on a screen, I know there have been discussions over people at concerts viewing the whole show on a phone while they film it not actually enjoying the gig itself.

Last edited:
Probably the same as other artists who appropriate work... nothing.

As for editing other people's work... that's not a copyright issue, that's a moral rights issue, and you have to specifically state that you are asserting your moral rights in writing. Even then, the press and other publishers can effectively ignore moral rights quite legally anyway.

There is a moral right issue here, and a potential copyright issue for the original authors, but I suppose it's whether they are A) still alive or have someone in charge of their estate that is bothered enough to act over them being re-published, and also B) If she's making any money out of these images. Some people just aren't bothered about whether people use their images until money raises it's head, particularly such famous ones that have been in the public domain for decades.

The other matter we're guessing at is whether she has obtained permission to do this... which she may well have done. I know this isn't the first time she's produced wok like this.

Also...they have different rules in the good ol' US of A...... which include the 'Fair Use' policy which this scenario may cover.

Also...they have different rules in the good ol' US of A...... which include the 'Fair Use' policy which this scenario may cover.

indeed.

Nice to see a sense of humour in photography and some great 'shopping'

Thanks for posting, nice bit of photoshopping and something different.

One hell of a phone camera!

Made me smille.. like the whole idea..

as for the copyright.. moral right , permissions and all the other..... jeeeeze lighten up :)

Back