Woodland and Bluebell Abstracts

Name
Peter
Edit My Images
Yes
We had a mini-TP meet tonight at Newmillerdam (just outside Wakefield). The aim was to get some bluebell shots but by the time we met the evening was starting to get darker (and wetter :crying:). I tried a few shots but the exposure times weren't short enough to stop the plants moving so I thought I'd just exaggerate it in camera to get some abstract images instead.

Not everybody's cup of tea but here goes........

Woodland Abstract 1 by Delta Skies, on Flickr

Woodland Abstract 2 by Delta Skies, on Flickr

Bluebell Abstract 1 by Delta Skies, on Flickr

Bluebell Abstract 2 by Delta Skies, on Flickr

No problem about you not liking them Matt. I'm not even sure I do myself but sometimes you have to try something different. Some of the throwaways were 15 second exposures with the camera swinging on the end of the strap in the middle of a bunch of bluebells :wacky:

No problem about you not liking them Matt. I'm not even sure I do myself but sometimes you have to try something different. Some of the throwaways were 15 second exposures with the camera swinging on the end of the strap in the middle of a bunch of bluebells :wacky:

You've gotta try these things from time to time (y) I'm sure that there will be those out there that love them (y)

Matt

Hi Peter.

I can see why these aren't everybodies cup of tea. Personally I prefer one and two, I like the colour gradients across them with just a hint of colour from the bluebells.
Three and four mess with my head a little, it's got that flushed down a plug hole feeling :nuts: But like you say you have to try different things!

It was nice to meet you yesterday, shame about the rain but at least we all got some shots!

First two I think would be useful in book sleeve / cover, but last two not working for me.

Hi Peter.

I can see why these aren't everybodies cup of tea. Personally I prefer one and two, I like the colour gradients across them with just a hint of colour from the bluebells.
Three and four mess with my head a little, it's got that flushed down a plug hole feeling :nuts: But like you say you have to try different things!

It was nice to meet you yesterday, shame about the rain but at least we all got some shots!
Thanks for the comments. Yeah is was nice to meet up with you. I hope the birthday party went well yesterday. Plenty of jelly and ice cream I'm sure :LOL:

First two I think would be useful in book sleeve / cover, but last two not working for me.
Thanks Charles.

I have to say I'm beginning to agree about these last two. In the cold light of day they just don't hit the mark.

The rotation ones could work well if the single flower was a bit more clear. A carefully-controlled blip of flash might sort that, or a smoother/ shorter rotation.

Don't know if there's something you can do to the colours of the linear movement shots to emphasise the bluebells but as-is they're not doing a lot for me - sorry.

First and second are very much my cup of tea and I'd gladly give them wall room.
3 and 4 however, not floating my boat at all, sorry (in fact #3 makes me more than a little dizzy!:puke:).

I actually really like number 2 Peter, good shot
Thanks Jen

Actually there was a distinct lack of ice cream and no jelly! But plenty of cup cakes & savoury party food. It did go well thank you!
What not jelly :eek:

The rotation ones could work well if the single flower was a bit more clear. A carefully-controlled blip of flash might sort that, or a smoother/ shorter rotation.

Don't know if there's something you can do to the colours of the linear movement shots to emphasise the bluebells but as-is they're not doing a lot for me - sorry.
Fair comments Andrew. Those rotation ones look wore every time I look at them :LOL:

First and second are very much my cup of tea and I'd gladly give them wall room.
3 and 4 however, not floating my boat at all, sorry (in fact #3 makes me more than a little dizzy!:puke:).
Thanks Ruth. I hope you feel better soon ;)

Back