Worried about my Ebay purchase!

Is this all done and dusted now?? :thinking: Can I get on with my life?? :shrug: Can I now un subscribe from this thread?? :bang: or will there be a sequel with the next Canon mklll???

We will just have to tune in next time, same time next week for the thrilling episode of Canon... Frank Canon!!! :nuts:

Guys I have finally got my refund. Get in.

Now on with the search for that elusive 1D mark III :LOL:

:clap: :banana::banana::banana::banana:Congrats it's sure been a marathon, you can come off the mogadons now and really get into finding your dream camera, that I hope will LAST A LIFETIME !!!! So that we never have to go through this palava again ! :banana::banana: Alan, :banana::banana:

Last edited:
no no no -- this has to go on yet to 10pages to equal sqizzas quest for true romance

glad it all sorted for philip (y)

no no no -- this has to go on yet to 10pages to equal sqizzas quest for true romance

Ah BUT there's a new camera to find + the first pictures to see yet I'm sure we'll get to do 10.

:cautious: So will we now be posting links to these said camera's :shrug:

What's the budget.... Take it that ebay will be out of the question then :bonk:

Cheers for all the previous links you guys have posted.

YES Ebay is out of the question:LOL:. My budget is £2000 tops, but that would be for a mint condition one. I'm in two minds whether to sell my 7D and just have the one body. If I do this I would buy the new 70-200 mark II lens and use it with my 1.4TC, this would mean i'd no longer need my 300 f4.

Just not sure if that combination would cover me for soccer, or if I should keep the 7D and get a shorter lens for that and use the 300 f4 on the 1D mark III.

so many options:thinking:

....so many options:thinking:

Mmmmmmmm an no doubt there will be "so many replies" too :clap:

:thinking: Similar to what smarties once said in there ad.. "only you have the answer" ;)

Just put an 1D mark III on hold at camerworld.

It's a late serial number, graded as mint and comes with 6 months guarantee for £1900.

Just waiting for the money to go back on my card from the Ebay fiasco and then i'm clicking the buy button :).....please let this one work out:LOL:

still a 'new' one at WEX for £ 14andsomething...

I've enjoyed this thread, hope you get sorted with a new cam.

++++++++UPDATE+++++++++++

Gonna phone cameraworld and tell them i'm not going to bother with their camera at £1900.

AS I HAVE JUST ODERED ONE FROM MPB PHOTOGRAPHIC.:bonk:

Rated as EXC++ condition. and the pics do look great. Late serial number not affected my the mirror issue thingy.

Comes un-boxed but with all the accessories. All terminal covers are there as is focussing screen:)

Paid £1539....well chuffed(y)

Am selling my 7D in the buy sell forum now. Want to replace it with either a second 1D mark III or a 1D mark IIn to use as a second body.

Should've gone to Focus on Imaging Philip, Jacobs were doing them for £1299 boxed new!

prob cos you had money burning a hole in your pocket :whistle: :LOL:

Last edited:
Just not sure if that combination would cover me for FOOTBALL, or if I should keep the 7D and get a shorter lens for that and use the 300 f4 on the 1D mark III.

so many options:thinking:

Tidied for you!

Here's how to handle these threads. Read the first page, then forget about it. Three weeks later go to the last page and read that he has had a refund. End of story. All that time saved. :p :D

AH , BUT you've missed all the dramas inbetween !! :D

I really need to visit TP a little more often, last time i looked this was at 3 pages and the OP was getting ready for physiatric help,:p took me bloomin ages to read through all the pages incase I missed something.:D

Glad it all worked out for you mate, now you owe me and quite a few others some bloomin pics from that new camera, no excuses no 5 aside just nice pics :LOL::LOL:

Spike

I really need to visit TP a little more often, last time i looked this was at 3 pages and the OP was getting ready for physiatric help...

He wasn't the only one ........

I really need to visit TP a little more often, last time i looked this was at 3 pages and the OP was getting ready for physiatric help,:p took me bloomin ages to read through all the pages incase I missed something.:D

Glad it all worked out for you mate, now you owe me and quite a few others some bloomin pics from that new camera, no excuses no 5 aside just nice pics :LOL::LOL:

Spike

Think that's the least I owe you guys (y)

Glad you've all enjoyed the thread, can't say I have :LOL:

:woot: 10 pages.....:bang:

++++++++++++IT'S ARRIVED+++++++++++++++
:bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

++++++++++BUT I"M STUCK AT WORK :bang:++++++++++++++++++

Will be testing it when I get home. Roll on 5.30pm:clap:

:thinking: What no footie practice or evening activites?? :shrug:

++++++++UPDATE+++++++++++

Gonna phone cameraworld and tell them i'm not going to bother with their camera at £1900.

AS I HAVE JUST ODERED ONE FROM MPB PHOTOGRAPHIC.:bonk:

Rated as EXC++ condition. and the pics do look great. Late serial number not affected my the mirror issue thingy.

Comes un-boxed but with all the accessories. All terminal covers are there as is focussing screen:)

Paid £1539....well chuffed(y)

Am selling my 7D in the buy sell forum now. Want to replace it with either a second 1D mark III or a 1D mark IIn to use as a second body.[/QUOTE
Not any more as I am having it and I hope at this moment in time it is winging its way to me :D for tomorrow if it is not then there will be a few more pages to add to this also :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: to keep it going.

Thanks Phil(y)

:LOL: funny Steve.

...and yes I do have footie tonight at 9pm. But it'll give me 3 hours to check if there's a focussing screen in this one:LOL:

(y) I'll be watching this space later then ;) :LOL:

Well I finally got home tonight after being stuck in traffic for 30 mins and there on the living room table was a huge box :)......

......and inside was a shiny Canon 1D mark III. seriously guys when I say shiny I mean shiny, it looks new. Not a single mark or blemish on it.(y)
Serial number starts 557**** so that should mean the Ai servo should be fine.
Obviously this will be tested at the weekend if I can find a game of footy to shoot.

Also in the box was a spare original battery, something I wasn't expecting (or maybe I forgot). Anyway just took a few shots of a plastic duck on my shelf and wow!!!

The focussing is so fast and responsive, even in a really dimly lit room. Anyway I rattled a few shots off and then it hit me.........

.........Yes it has a focussing screen. (but that's not what hit me)

..........suspense building..............

............I forgot to put a memory card in:wacky:

BUT WAIT........... I am playing images back using the playback button:thinking:

So I opened up the CF card cover and in there is a 4GB Sandisk Extreme card (now that was unexpected and a very nice bonus(y))

Anyway my first impressions are fantastic. Seriously I'm over the moon with it, and once again thanks to you guys for sticking with this through my Ebay nightmare:clap:

Speaking of which!!!

I left negative feedback for the seller as I felt he really was trying to pull one over on me.
My feedback was 'MY WORST EBAY EXPERIENCE. 2 wks to arrive, parts missing, got refund. NOT GOOD!!'

Anyway I got a rather angry text from him at the weekend calling me a 'wan*%r'

if you are interested in that camera it has been re-listed on ebay using the same item description so you might want to check if it has a focussing screen:LOL:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Canon-EOS-1D-...lCameras_JN&hash=item335cb13a05#ht_500wt_1182

peace:)

Back