Yeah Its Pumpkin Carving Time ***Show Us Your Pumkin Put Your Shots Here***

very nice Mark, although, not nice to frighten innocent lil pumpkins like that...

Last years effort:

thepumpkinking-1.jpg

Not made my mind up this year

LOL I didnt get any on my this years Frankenstein, everyones to scared to comment :D

Nice Lynton look forward to this years (y)

Hey Dave, sorry I got slow band the pic never loaded. The Franky is Amazing, well done. that must have taken an age of careful cutting. Brilliant work.
Mark

Where is this years Lynton ???

4 hours....haven't the time or the patience lol...I think mine took me about 30 mins, not including growing time :p

4 hours, I can well believe it. Can you do them by post ? Lol. I reckon theres a market for those.

The other side of my grandchildrens pumpkin had a Devil on it, I didnt take a shot of that :bang: really I should of took later, then I could take a few shots in the dark or could have put them in a dark cupboard didnt think of that until I took it, got stuck in traffic taking it that took an hour for a 10mins drive :bang: and same coming back :bang: :) shes 36yrs old 5 kids, and still wants one every year, must admit, love seeing her and the grandchildrens face, :love::hug2:

hmmm, maybe I need to grow bigger pumpkins lol, I didn't have room on mine for anything elaborate, I am jealous of all these :p

Good Dave looks a lot of work you've got everyone at it. Unfotunately my w/end on at work? what do you make with the insides?

is it just me Kenny, or is that a witch merging into a moon? tis very clever

as for the insides, I made some soup but it was vile so the compost heap can have it in future lol

Strictly an amatuer carver, my effort this year..

But I'm loving the tortured pumpkins on Stolloween.

It's something grown from saved seed, it's mother was definitely a pumpkin.. but I suspect there's more than a bit of courgette from the father.

Ta Alastair, how long did it take to grow?
I started the seeds in late March (far too early, but I have a smally greenhouse to move them into until after the frosts) and harvested them about a month ago. Some of the others are even odder shapes but one plant produced reasonably normal fruit (but these look like they'll store better than the oddballs and so are saved from carving).

Pumpkins are a doddle to grow. They need a bit of space, some feed and water. But unless you're trying for one of those inedible giants, the normal sized ones are very straightforward and forgiving. Pretty much every seed you sow (inside) will germinate and grow, and they're nice big seedlings that even children can handle easily. And they grow quickly. Very quickly.

and you can eat the flowers, stuffed, picked at dawn - a greek dish I'm told...

Hi

Heres how to for anyone interested in carving their own pumpkin

Cut the top off

Pumpkin by Just Daves Photos, on Flickr

Hollow it out

Draw your Silhouettes

Pin it to your pumpkin and prick with a needle to transfer your pattern

Draw on the pumpkin fillowing the prick marks

Carefully Cut it out with scalpel

Dave

Thanks this is very useful :)

Pumpkins are a doddle to grow. They need a bit of space, some feed and water. But unless you're trying for one of those inedible giants, the normal sized ones are very straightforward and forgiving. Pretty much every seed you sow (inside) will germinate and grow, and they're nice big seedlings that even children can handle easily. And they grow quickly. Very quickly.

Ta Alastair interesting I didnt save any of the seeds :bang:

and you can eat the flowers, stuffed, picked at dawn - a greek dish I'm told...

cool Summer

Thanks this is very useful :)

Thanks Aura pleased you found it useful (y)

And you can eat the seeds as well as grow them.. just wash the pith off (put them in a large bowl of water, jiggle them about and the seeds/pith seperate), then lay out on a piece of non-stick parchment, sprinkle with salt or sugar (chilli flakes optional) and toast in the oven until dry and lightly browned.

you can also thread the seeds and make a bracelet/necklace. Likewise apple and melon seeds. They were all the rage in the 70's lol

Back