Pin it to your pumpkin and prick with a needle to transfer your pattern

Pumpkin by Just Daves Photos, on Flickr

Draw on the pumpkin fillowing the prick marks

Carefully Cut it out with scalpel

Dave

Hi

anyone who may need Templates I made the stencils for you Have Fun (y)

Download them and resize and print for your pumpkin size these are A4

5128798455_7257448324_b.jpg

5128798385_b660bac86c_b.jpg

Dave

Last edited:
Now there's pumpkin carving then there's that!
'pimp my pumkin'
Nice work.

I was just thinking about pumpkins today, and lighting them from inside. Not sure I should be let loose with sharp instruments, though :)
Liking the shots and jolly nice to have the templates. Beyond my cutting skills, though. I may have to find a five-year old to help me! You're good :)

Now there's pumpkin carving then there's that!
'pimp my pumkin'
Nice work.

:D Ta Stuart

I was just thinking about pumpkins today, and lighting them from inside. Not sure I should be let loose with sharp instruments, though :)
Liking the shots and jolly nice to have the templates. Beyond my cutting skills, though. I may have to find a five-year old to help me! You're good :)

Go for it Mike, (y) look forward to seeing your pumpkin :naughty:

Excellent Dave, thanks for adding this into the section I think that it fits really well (y) I may go and get a pumpkin at the weekend just to give this a go :thinking:

Matt

Ta Matt, hope it inspires peps

Great stuff, I would probably lose a finger or two carving those.

Ouch be careful

Hiya Dave,

I'm glad you have put this in the new section too as it fits well here.

Hopefully we will be able to see some creative photos from others who attempt to do this carving.

Roo can't wait to see the one you are making for him .... he is well excited and we will have the best pumpkin at WRP this year ... thanks to you (y)

May have to try something like this next year when Roo is a bit older.

Cheers

Dawn :)

Cmon were Brits its Turnip Lanterns non of that fancy Yankee stuff ower here. :razz: :D

Looks like a lot of work Dave.

PS even the Squirrels a Yank. :LOL:

Woohooo Dave,

Here we are at WRP and our pumpkin is still going strong ..... I think it will make it to Saturday night ..... best thing has been to keep it wrapped up in a plastic carrier bag (don't know why but it seems to thrive on its own moisture ;))

Anywayz, here are some pics we took of the infamous pumpkin the other night. Tried a bit of light painting on same and also used various lighting tequniques. We had so much FUN!

Thanks again for doing the carving for us ..... we are sure to have the best pumpkin on sight for the Halloween party.

Cheers

Dawn & Reuben xxx

1. Witchie side :D
6287388484_9774d66461_b.jpg
[/url]
IMG_9845 by crystal_singer (drodd), on Flickr[/IMG]

2. Pirate ship side :D
6287389234_347dae5ab5_b.jpg
[/url]
IMG_9855 by crystal_singer (drodd), on Flickr[/IMG]

Damn I like them... Wish my children were younger.. there again, maybe we should just get one to put in the window :)

DK ..... I never want to grow up ..... I love being a kid and even have all the trimmings to don the campervan as a 'spooky van' for the weekend :LOL:

It is going to be an ace time, and best of all is I get to spend it with my 6 year old son who is Halloween mad ;)

All I can say is .... bring on the party on Saturday night

Cheers D :)

Thanks for showing us the pics of it Dawn looks great, good to see you got the best stem on it, pleased you like it, and your having a great time at WRP (y)

Last edited:
do you think I can get away with carving the pumpkin tonight when the kids are in bed? i fear they may want to help but now I have seen this thread I don't want to share it :LOL:

Thanks Chris and Jen

Anyone else carved their pumpkins yet (y) if so lets see then, I carved the grandchildrens today they loved it, I'll post a pic later (y)

Thanks Dave!
Yea the kids love em' don't think they appreciate the time it takes to do em!

Children dont have a concept of time, but Im sure they will enjoy them though best pumpkins in the street (y)

I spent 4 hours carving our grandchildrens today, Frankenstein on one side the devil on the other, Id dint get any night shots of it will post the day shots as soon as I have done them (y)

Last edited:
it makes a pleasant change to hear northerners call 'em turnips lol - they say swede down here :(

anyway despite not having small children around, I have grown some pumpkins especially for carving, which I'm about to do now *dances*

it makes a pleasant change to hear northerners call 'em turnips lol - they say swede down here :(

anyway despite not having small children around, I have grown some pumpkins especially for carving, which I'm about to do now *dances*

Cool theres someone else on TP grows their own pumpkins for carving, but I cant remember who it is, look forward to seeing your pumpkin shots (y)

Heres my latest creation a Frankenstein Pumpkin, that I made yesterday for our grandchildren they loved it, I didnt get a night shot but my daughter sent me a phone pic, So come on Guys and Gals let see your pumpkins

Frankenstein Pumpkin I carved for our grandchildren by Just Daves Photos, on Flickr

And Sarahs phone pic at night

6289104493_fc3151db5b.jpg

Dave

my attempt... rather traditional I'm afraid

6292563474_9fbb23d595_z.jpg

Back