Yongnuo YN-622-TX Canon to Nikon

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
I have a Yongnuo YN-622-TX flash transmitter for Canon cameras, they do a identical version for Nikon, thought I'd ask whether anyone knows of any differences other than the firmware? Was about to stick it up on eBay as changing to Nikon but if it's possible to flash it with the Nikon firmware it'll save a few quid.

I believe they'd be different electronically as they're designed to 2 completely different specs.

I believe they'd be different electronically as they're designed to 2 completely different specs.

Phil may be right there but to be sure, if you work OCF,
try to trigger off camera with a Nikon body.

You only have to think of the hotshoe pin configuration, it goes no further really.

You only have to think of the hotshoe pin configuration, it goes no further really.

Of course, on camera… no chance!

That answers that then, I'm yet to purchase the nikon yet so hadn't even thought about the pins being different, was thinking only along the lines of how they do the ttl. Ebay it is. Thanks.

An UK friend accidentally (he said with a chortle) upgraded his YN622C-TX with a Nikon .dfu firmware file. It apparently completed ok, but the 622-TX would no longer function on a Canon! He quickly used the correct file, and he had a working upgraded C-TX back again.

It's the pinout. what can be communicated through them, the code words the camera recognises, and the YN code packaging around the camera brands' individual data streams.

Back