Recent content by PeteSpringfield

  1. PeteSpringfield

    Adobe Creative Cloud

    I'm sure I've read that you can stack these. Would anyone be kind enough to confirm before I press the button. TIA
  2. PeteSpringfield

    Challenge Nifty Fifty challenge 2025 - July - Image Thread - Pareidolia

    Happy & Sad Water Filter Canon R6, RF50mm f1.8 STM, 1/2000s, f/1.8, ISO 800
  3. PeteSpringfield

    Nifty Fifty Challenge 2025 - Chat thread

    I have to confess what I was nearly stumped utterly this month and acknowledge that it's a bit of a cop out but the books are a treasured memory to me and have a bit of a story behind them. My Mum taught me to read before school with those books along with Orlando and many others that I've...
  4. PeteSpringfield

    Challenge Nifty Fifty challenge 2025 - June - Image Thread - Memory

    Memory In Print Canon R6, RF 50mm F1.8 STM - f/2.8, 1/640s, ISO 400
  5. PeteSpringfield

    Challenge Nifty Fifty challenge 2025 - May - Image Thread - Hedgerow(s)

    Both Sides Now Canon R6, RF 50mm f1.8, ISO800, f/2.8, 1/8000s
  6. PeteSpringfield

    2024 M4 Mac Mini vs iMac

    Couldn't be more happy with my setup still. It's so much quieter (little to no fan ramp up in normal use) compared to the old iMAc. I almost bought a 15" Raspberry Pi brand display to go with my Raspberry Pi tinkering but in the end bought a Dell S2425HS 24" screen which is 1920x1080...
  7. PeteSpringfield

    Nifty Fifty Challenge 2025 - Chat thread

    I was a desperate man this month. The guys surfacing our street seem to put up with a lot of complaints so me appearing with my camera didn't help. I did try and explain "blah, blah picture competition etc" but I don't think the message got a sympathetic response. :)
  8. PeteSpringfield

    2024 M4 Mac Mini vs iMac

    Just a quick note on that X-Plane demo, it is possible to fly with keyboard and mouse by clicking in centre of the screen and using mouse movements to pitch up/down and bank left / right but it's as horrible as sounds. Realistically, it would take a few hours to settle on a configuration, that...
  9. PeteSpringfield

    2024 M4 Mac Mini vs iMac

    Dammit, every time Raymond makes an interesting and useful pointer to some kit, my credit card cringes :) Here's my Speed Test on the OWC, looks to be consistent.
  10. PeteSpringfield

    2024 M4 Mac Mini vs iMac

    Update from me on my rig @Sniffer , I went for the OWC 1M2 external drive caddy as recommended above. To my absolute amazement, a 4TB NVME turned up in my Christmas stocking (which was nice!). Installation took about 5 minutes and the only complaint I have is the permanently on white LED which...
  11. PeteSpringfield

    Mac Mini Questions (regarding photo storage etc)

    Based on my daughter's smug attitude when discussing Christmas pressies, I believe the OWC caddy is getting here from the US in less than 10 days despite what they say on their website. Hope that helps a bit.
  12. PeteSpringfield

    2024 M4 Mac Mini vs iMac

    Apple Studio display arrived, actual Mac Mini is still 4-8 days out for delivery. As ridiculous as it sounds, won't be opening until Christmas day along with the family and their gifts :)
Back
Top