Recent content by stevelmx5

  1. stevelmx5

    Official Chroma Camera Thread - All questions/suggestions/feedback appreciated

    Jed has written an excellent review of his time with the Pin12. I’m planning to release the camera next month once a batch of pinhole plates from Reality So Subtle arrive. Review
  2. stevelmx5

    101 ways to ruin a roll of film

    It turns out that (unplanned!) triptych’s don’t look particularly great when they’re half-overlapped I took my converted Wirgin Edixa Stereo up to York a few weekends ago and shot a couple of rolls of Kodak Gold. Even though I converted the camera myself, to shoot 24x84mm pano, I...
  3. stevelmx5

    Official Chroma Camera Thread - All questions/suggestions/feedback appreciated

    Thanks Alan, much appreciated. I need to get another roll through the Edixa to give it a proper run, just not enough hours in the day!
  4. stevelmx5

    Official Chroma Camera Thread - All questions/suggestions/feedback appreciated

    Yours helped me more with the design itself though, identifying the problem I hadn't foreseen, so just as beneficial. Cheers
  5. stevelmx5

    Official Chroma Camera Thread - All questions/suggestions/feedback appreciated

    The updated design for the Pin12 works properly now :0) These were just sent to me by a photographer I know who took the beta Pin12 out for a spin, shooting 6x9. I don’t know the film stock he used but I really like the contrast.
  6. stevelmx5

    Is photography as a hobby dying?

    Flickr itself has probably lost a lot of traffic since it switched to the paid-only option for people with more than a set number of uploads. Pricing people out of your platform when there are hundreds of alternatives (like here) is a questionable approach. I know that I, personally, haven't...
  7. stevelmx5

    OFFICIAL I HAVE A NEW (FILM RELATED) TOY THREAD!!

    If you find that it’s a bit bulky, my SnapShot is lighter (around 600g without lens) and offers both standard and technical (15mm rise/fall/shift) lens cones with a full International/Graflok standard spring back.
  8. stevelmx5

    Official Chroma Camera Thread - All questions/suggestions/feedback appreciated

    I’ve just sanded back/sprayed the rear door in satin black to tidy up the Edixa Pano. After decades of use it was looking a bit tatty; Once the paint dried, I cutout the new skin I’ve drawn up from a thin adhesive leather and trimmed up the camera. Last few jobs are respraying the film...
  9. stevelmx5

    Zorki 4 diopter - Am I really that stupid?

    Cheers, I’d assumed the OP meant the integrated viewfinder diopter rather than a screw on filter.
  10. stevelmx5

    Zorki 4 diopter - Am I really that stupid?

    A diopter is normally a corrective lens to go over the viewfinder for if you normally wear glasses, but take them off to use the camera. The rangefinder is the focus method where you align the two images until your subject is correctly aligned.
  11. stevelmx5

    Official Chroma Camera Thread - All questions/suggestions/feedback appreciated

    The Pin12 is packed, labelled and ready to ship. Thanks again for your time, will be good to see what you think of it.
  12. stevelmx5

    Official Chroma Camera Thread - All questions/suggestions/feedback appreciated

    Great, thanks for that. It’s F/125 aperture and there are guidelines for the width of each format (6x6, 6x9 and 6x12) on the top plate. I’ve always used a Pinhole metering app on my phone to calculate the shutter speed but you can also use this quick table so you can meter for a ‘traditional’...
  13. stevelmx5

    Official Chroma Camera Thread - All questions/suggestions/feedback appreciated

    I’ve got an updated top plate on the Pin12 now, with integrated slots to secure the internal frame dividers so they don’t get lost when you’re shooting the full 6x12 format; I haven’t had chance to put a roll through this updated design yet, and probably won’t get chance for another few...
  14. stevelmx5

    Official Chroma Camera Thread - All questions/suggestions/feedback appreciated

    I finished the updated cone for my Schneider 47/5.6 today so I’ve got two options for the camera. The 47mm setup is much lighter and more compact, whereas the Press version is more flexible in terms of different focal lengths. I still need to finish the new skin and tweak the rear door...
  15. stevelmx5

    Official Chroma Camera Thread - All questions/suggestions/feedback appreciated

    On another note, I’ve currently got about a dozen cameras waiting to go out of the workshop because I don’t have any ground glass for them, A package of new glass was shipped to me on the 2nd July from Eastern Europe then sat in Estonian Customs from the 3rd July until it was apparently found...
Back
Top