£100-150 bridge camera recommendations please?

Edit My Images
No
Just as the title suggests i am seeking recommendations from current or past bridge camera users to attempt to workout what would suit me best in my budget as a starter, introduction to real photography to get a feel, practice with etc prior to spending on the ineviatable dslr at some point (in about a year or so)

I have been mostly looking at the FUJIFILM FinePix S2950HD Digital Camera & the Nikon L110/120 series models thus far as they at least at first glance seem to be capable of almost total auto modes, be good for local/distance shots in most situations.

Really what i need to know then are these types of models really to go to be true? Do they perform as i beleive they do and do we have any current or past users comments, lastly is their any other makes/models in that sort of price bracket, any other unknown manufacturers that i should be considering and at the possibility of being brand aware overlooking after all Ladas and Skoda's are not that bad .....

Duly looking forward to your comments, help and advise

IMO Fujifilm have produced some cracking bridge cameras. I started out with the S100fs bridge and it produced some cracking images. From full auto to full manual it did most things a DSLR does - albeit a little slower and not quite the same quality! Still the results were quite impressive!

Some examples from my S100fs (remember I was a complete novice!)

moon24.jpg

DSCF0954a.jpg

DSCF0967a.jpg

7a1.jpg

Regards

Neil

Hi there Neil and thanks for your reply, novice or not they are real quality images my man if i could get them half as good i would very happy for sure i will certainly investigate the model you mentioned but off the top of my head i fear that particular model is to expensive for me right now, but i wonder if this is a given throughout the Fuji bridge range as they do have a few probably with-in my grasp....

Would still love to hear from anyone using the starter Fuji Canon or Nikon bridges though.

Thanks again

Dougie

Dougie

The S100fs is actually a discontinued model - you might find some knocking about 2nd hand which may put it in your budget.
Don't discount buying used gear, it's a great way to pick up a bargain especially if you're just starting out - plus you can sell it on again.

Good luck with the search

Neil

If you can find a second hand Fuji HS10 go for it...it is a great camera with all the control options you could want , plus an amazing 30x zoom !!!!

Guys
Thanks for that i shall search secondhand as well then, my only worry is being "fleeced" given that i truthfully have no idea what im looking at going to spend a while searching looking and hopefully taking in what i find, both suggestions will be duly explored heres hoping, took a few snaps outdoors today with my trusty Blackberry phone camera which by all accounts were not to bad???

Going to also try and upload some for you guys to see and to amuse me if nothing else ..

Dougie

Anyone got any views of this:

Canon PowerShot SX130 IS Digital Camera (12.1 Megapixel, 12x Zoom, 3.0 inch LCD Screen)

I know its not a bridge, but from reading the details it would seem at least for now to be the possibly best all-round alternative allowing most types of image to be auto captured so could a compact camera then possibly be best for me whilst i learn, given my various disabilities and considerations.

I know im a pain but your views appriciated

Dougie

Back