£150 Off Course Fees - Photography Institute

Name
Neil
Edit My Images
Yes
I see the PI are discounting their 24 week photography course.

"This is a new cutting-edge Photography Course written and directed by some of the best working photographers in their field. The aim of the course is to provide you with the knowledge and skills required for a career as a professional freelance photographer. This is an up-to-date and massively comprehensive course covering every aspect of freelance photography"

Has anybody completed this - if so would they like to share their experineces.

Not to be confused with "The Institute of Professional Photography" who also offer a course.

Does anyone have experience of either course?

As I thought - these courses are not oversubscribed :thumbsdown:

£400 for an online-only course?

Can see why you want feedback first! :p

Edit: Has some info on that course.

Thanks for the link.

I thought it worth asking the question again as the new courses come out all the time and I wondered if any members had recent experience that they could share.

This course claims to be new and written by an experienced photographer, George Seper, see linky.

"This is a new cutting-edge Photography Course written and directed by some of the best working photographers in their field."

Let's be clear about this. It's a course on how to be a professional photographer - and they're saying that you can learn this online...

Online courses can be useful - I sell tutorials at low prices that I could easily split into sections and sell as high-priced courses if I didn't have a concience. I believe that my courses give people the info they need, but that isn't enough to make them competent. That needs both practice and experience.

And successful professional photogaphers need to have a lot more than just photography skills. Photography is probably no more than 10-15% of what's needed, the most important ingredient is business skills. Again, I have doubts about whether those skills can be taught online.

Back