£150k of Italian supercar going up in flames

Nice shots (y)- insurance will cover it and lets be honest its still just a Car

I trust no one was hurt??

Les :cool:

Gutted!

Surprised at the condition of the rear tyres though, can still see the tread! I'd have expected to see them melted down.

Yeah driver was fine. He stopped the car when he noticed the flames and popped into the nearest building to get a fire extinguisher but by the time he came back it was too far gone.

All the tyres were exploding during the fire, think the fire brigade arrived shortly after but they took ages

Gutted!

Surprised at the condition of the rear tyres though, can still see the tread! I'd have expected to see them melted down.

wondered that as well, the tyres look in surprisingly good condition considering the rest of the car

Is he phoning a cab or the service desk ? :LOL:

As above, it's got to hurt to see that go up in smoke, but so long as he's fine, it is after all only a car.

I'd love to hear the phone call into Lambo UK....the words "suggest you come and get me and get me a new one pronto" would be coming out of my mouth - although perhaps in a different tone!

I trust you've saved the best shot from this set to be used in the 'Feel The Heat' themed POTY?

At least it wasn't an Aston Martin...................

Every time I've been to Fort William it has poured with rain, bet he was wishing it was might have helped put out the flames.

Nice pics

What a shame, i feel for the owner, i only know to well how it feels to see you car go up in flames :(

The gallardo's had an issue where the fuel pipes were to close the the engine and would start to melt after time, causing fuel to drop and go up.

Most were fixed when serviced... and they later changed the design on 2007+ models

What a shame, i feel for the owner, i only know to well how it feels to see you car go up in flames :(

The gallardo's had an issue where the fuel pipes were to close the the engine and would start to melt after time, causing fuel to drop and go up.

Most were fixed when serviced... and they later changed the design on 2007+ models

Many years ago I had an Audi 80 whose petrol T piece was sited just above the exhaust, I only discovered this flaw when the T piece failed while I was in the outside lane of the M25... It was till producing enough pressure to allow the car to run long enough for me to make the hard shoulder and as soon as I turned the ignition off and the engine stopped, it stopped pumping so the fuel supply dried up and the fire went out. AA managed to get me back on the road and a new metal T piece was sourced and the pipe was rerouted well away from heat!

Wonder who owns Lamborghini these days...

Back