£19,000 Sigma!

The lens has been available for quite a while yet, but it used to be around £15,000

Bargain!
Buy two they can double up as very expensive dumbbells!

It has it's own battery!!!

I was thinking earlier of asking what the quality of the £700 150-500 was like. I guess, possibly not so great compared to this!

yep its on my wanted list, would be very handy for weddings............in another country

I was told that if you use this lens you might need a licence, that was from the manager of my local Jessops branch. Has anyone heard anything similar? something to do being able to spy with it or something.
Yes I have seen it at the Focus on Imaging show at the NEC Birmingham. Not saying it is THAT big and quite easy to transport, only one little problem, and that is adapting a pram to fix it to. The other expense is rigging up a bar above a car sunroof so you can clamp it there instead.

Realspeed

I was told that if you use this lens you might need a licence, that was from the manager of my local Jessops branch. Has anyone heard anything similar? something to do being able to spy with it or something.

Realspeed

More like needing a personal trainer to get fit enough to carry the damn thing

I reckon the jessops guy was having you on there. (unless I have mis-read it, it states five zero zero for the long range?). It is the same zoom as a couple of the sigmas.

I think that people might notice you if you took it out at the beach, so not much good for spying there!

It can be handheld... but you need to get the guns out to do so...

o5thyb.jpg

It on the sigma stall at focus...

2cpewyv.jpg

Apparently the MOD orders quite a lot of them...

It might look like an ugly old cylinder vacuum but F2.8 from 200-500 is a hell of an achievement :)

Doubt seeing as you dont need a licence for a 500mm prime, the fancy thing about the lens is the aperture not the focal length (and hence spying ability)

Used a similar Nikon set up in the late 80's on surveillance work. Had what i called a chickenwire filter to stop reflections and keep me alive :D

Pull up a chair and buy me a pint.....:tumbleweed:

best used at f32 1/30th iso400 handheld panning a spit to get some real prop blur......:whistle:

i like how in the description it says "portraits"

Ok, you stand here in calais, posing, and in a couple of hours, I will start snapping away from dover:D:D:D

Im gonna buy one to use outside airforce bases for my aviation photography, couple that with a bush hawk and my miltary style photo-vest harness and i shoud be well away;)
Dean:)

I had one of these until recently.

I made the mistake of leaving it in the back yard.

The binmen stuck it on the back of the wagon..............................................

They thought it was my green re-cycling bin.

[pedant]

Hmm, interesting. It's funny how some people are associating size with focal length where the lens is only a maximum focal length of 500mm (Same as the Bigma). Its size is down to the constant f2.8 aperture.

[/pedant]

[pedant]

Hmm, interesting. It's funny how some people are associating size with focal length where the lens is only a maximum focal length of 500mm (Same as the Bigma). Its size is down to the constant f2.8 aperture.

[/pedant]

:withstupid: As i mentioned above lol. Pay attention people...you should be asking what the bokeh is like.....

i like how in the description it says "portraits"

Ok, you stand here in calais, posing, and in a couple of hours, I will start snapping away from dover:D:D:D

yeah portraits from the next county.
saw it at focus.
it comes with a wheelbarrow for moving it around.

Im gonna buy one to use outside airforce bases for my aviation photography, couple that with a bush hawk and my miltary style photo-vest harness and i shoud be well away;)
Dean:)
I take it you have a death wish? LoL

Looks like a Thermos Flask to me :LOL:

Well :thinking:, the Hubble's only got 5 more years life left in it, according to NASA. If this credit crunch continues, they might be replacing it with that Bigma and 10 TCs :D!

Actually, it rather reminds me of this ...

Thunderbird_Two.png

;)

Back