£20 Note.

Name
John
Edit My Images
No
Hi, this was one of my test shots from when i first got a Raynox dcr 250 mounted on a Sigma 70-300, the cheapy one, the Raynox worked great on it at 300mm, i did an edit and this is what i ended up with, what do you think?

Division Of Labour
by J.Garton, on Flickr

Regardless of any should/shouldn'ts i like it alot!

Thanks, i should of known, its not a complete note and having a read of that page would be ok, i think?.

Thanks.:)

yeagh i thought by the way you did photogrpah it that you where aware.. suprising how many arn't... always good to know though :)

I'm intrigued about the PP. Looks like the focal point changes from the left to the right side- is this PP blur?

Lovely shot.

I'm intrigued about the PP. Looks like the focal point changes from the left to the right side- is this PP blur?

I doubt it was added in PP with such narrow Dof the fold and distance from the camera create such effects.

TBH, I didn't think there were any exemptions to the no copying rule, glad to see that there are. It's only relatively recently that notes have carried a copyright notice.

Personally, I think that one of the joys of banknotes is the colours - IMO, removing them has turned it into a slightly drab picture. Had a look through the Flickr stream to see if the colour version had made it there - is that a real Mexico or a bodgey likey?

No, its what Alfbranch said, it down to the depth of focus that you get from the raynox 250.

Lovely shot.
I doubt it was added in PP with such narrow Dof the fold and distance from the camera create such effects.

Thanks and you are correct. ;)

TBH, I didn't think there were any exemptions to the no copying rule, glad to see that there are. It's only relatively recently that notes have carried a copyright notice.

Personally, I think that one of the joys of banknotes is the colours - IMO, removing them has turned it into a slightly drab picture. Had a look through the Flickr stream to see if the colour version had made it there - is that a real Mexico or a bodgey likey?

Tbh, i am not too sure if there are any true exceptions to the rules but sticking closely to what they have stipulated can only help.

The mexico, i am pretty sure it isn't an original mexico, it was at a club meeting at oulton park and looked better than most of the cars on track, i suspect it may make its way onto the track at times.

As for the colour in the pic, each to there own ;), i liked the B&W because i was able to bring out more contrast and felt it just added a bit more depth to the photo.

Seeing as you went to all that trouble to search for it. (y)

DSC_1090-6
by J.Garton, on Flickr

Last edited:
Thanks for the colour version! I didn't go to much trouble searching for it, I guessed that it would be close to the B&W version on Flickr and had a browse of your stream while I was there.

Back