£28 for 100 35mm film from 2007

Hi mate, I wouldn't be interested in that film, though would be interested in doing a bulk buy of some B&W and slide film at the end of this month - both 120 and 35mm.

Film prices are getting silly! In one year it's very possible to have bought enough film to equal the price of my camera(s) and with developer, perhaps even more. It's the one downside to film... so I guess it pays to buy in bulk and spend extremely wisely.

I know what you mean. I'd like to get some bulk black and White too! I just posted that because I came across it whilst growing and thought someone else might want some. At least I have found some cheap places to get stuff develped

Saw that yesterday whilst looking for some Superior. How likely is it that film that expired 2 years ago would be totally useless?

I was tempted, but I'd never heard of that brand before, and I wasn't sure of whether it would still be usable. Ended up with 3 rolls of Superior 200 for £8 anyway.

I just shot two rolls of Ektachrome that expired in 2004! Coming out fine so far...

One solution to cheap film is to buy bulk rolls and spool them on yourself. I see Camulet stocks 100 ft rolls of 35mm Ektochrome 100 slide film for around £130, so that ends up being about £6.50 per roll for 20 x 36 exposures (assuming a single roll is about 5ft)- still a lot :shrug:

Tbh, it's new colour neg film enough that the expiry won't have much of an effect - Unless it was stored in a hotpress the last 7 years! It's generally rebranded consumer Agfa, Fuji or similar. There's nothing wrong with it, and nothing too fantastic about it.

Back home in Ireland, they're giving out boxes of it for free (100 in a box) so I reckon that's what this is. Labs are making more money from developing than from film sales, so don't mind handing it out - They get it free themselves.

Back