£287 ish to spend .. Wide Angle

Danny133

Suspended / Banned
Name
Daniel
Edit My Images
Yes
HELP!

I have an amazon voucher and i NEED wider angle lens.

It must therefore come from amazon and it must be wider than 50mm as currently thats my only lens and its too close!

I cant afford a 28 1.8 :( .. is the 2.8 not worth it?

Should i just get an 85 and wait for the 28?

Arghh :mad:

Hi Danny

You said you NEED something shorter, but then you said should you just get the 85mm?

It really depends on what you shoot, how you shoot it, and what you feel you're lacking most often.

If you really find yourself lacking a wider lens, but can't afford the 1.8, then the 2.8 is an obvious choice?

Just buy it any have fun with it :)

Regards

Danny

If you only have a 50mm prime and that amount to spend, I'd go for a Tamron 17-50 2.8 (they may cost a little more, but not much). There's also the Sigma 30 1.4, again it'll be a little more expensive.

You will have to go some way to find a really bad review of the Tamron 28-75 f2.8 which should be about your budget.

I'll be honest and say mine is in the post having just purchased one so I cannot wholheatedly recommend.

Nice, versatile FL though. Not too wide.

I appreciate there is an overlap with your 50. Is that a bad thing ?

Hi Danny

To add to the above.

My Tammy 28-75 arrived in the post 10 minutes ago. For sure it is not a Canon 24-70L f2.8 (which is sitting alongside the Tammy as I type) but then again at less than 1/3rd of the price I really would not expect it to be either. First impressions are that the Tammy is as good as this well-regarded Canon in optical terms at least. I'm impressed.

Just a bit of an update.

i say id get the 85 as its one i would "like" ultimately

but i keep finding i need a shorter lens as i dont have space to walk backwards indoors

i.e portraits

im TRYING to stick with primes unless i find a good walkaround .. however i like the idea of a 28

anybody have any links to recommendations on amazon?

30mm f1.4 (low light) sigma... but they are around 350 on amazon for canon

Amazon link - 10-24mm No idea if its any good, but its close to your price range and wide. Well ultra wide ;)

Amazon - 35mm might also be worth looking at

or 20mm amazon... again slightly over the top of your budget...

If you aren't sure perhaps hire a lens or two out and try them?

What body is it going on, as that will dictate things a little.

Ahhh I didn't realise Danny had finally got one.

LOL well he did but as he is having a mare with a flash set up he wants a 60D or 7D for the ettl wireles faculty so his 50D and new grip and CF cards are up for sale

:mad: :mad: :mad:

lol

Jeesus man, you go through kit quicker than me.

i love my 50D and would of kept it forever but the wireless ttl thing ****es me off that i want to throw it all out the window thats how frustrating it is ..

so i want/need a 60/7 lol :(

There are not many good primes for sensible price under 50mm. There are L glass examples which are too expensive, manual focus old lenses (not everyone's cup of tea) and plastic not-so-fantastic cheapies. Sadly there is nothing quite like 85mm f/1.8. Tamron 17-50 really makes most sense at that price and range.

Why dont you buy the flash you wanted instead of a lens?

All a bit strange this...surely you can get the flash to work how you want with wireless ??

Back