£3500 = Sony a7iii + Lenses

Edit My Images
Yes
So this is my budget... I've already got the camera + mc-11on order but still undecided about what lens to get.
Could do mc-11 with cheap Canon L or do budget native 50mm/85mm/ Tamron 28-75 2.8

Just looking for opinions about what you would get first??

It depends ... do you know what focal lengths you like to shoot with: if so buy a / some prime lenses. If you're looking for something a bit more flexible then by all reports the Tamron 28-75 is a great option.

As above - it does depend what you tend to shoot. I've owned a good amount of the Sony FE lenses - few things to consider from my experiences

1. Do you need wide aperture or can you live with F4? if you can ... go with the 2470 F4, otherwise the 2470 GM is a very nice all around lens

2. after owning the 85mm 1.8 batis, 1.4 GM and FE 1.8 I decided to keep the FE 1.8 as it offers much better value for money and the AF is SIGNIFICANTLY faster than the GM

3. the samyang 35mm 1.4 is very well rated for the price, I would suggest that over the zeiss version

4. Sigma art lenses are out very soon, you can get the 50mm 1.4 for under £600 on pre order at the monent - probably a better shout than the zeiss for double the price

5. Don't forget you can switch to aps-c mode at any time, yes the image MP is about halved, but it does mean you get 2 focal lengths from each lens

5. Don't forget you can switch to aps-c mode at any time, yes the image MP is about halved, but it does mean you get 2 focal lengths from each lens
Surely its better to shoot in "full frame" mode and crop. You don't get "2 focal lengths from each lens" (a 50mm f/1.8 lens is still a 50mm f/1.8 lens), APS-C mode is just automatically cropping the centre of the image.

Surely its better to shoot in "full frame" mode and crop. You don't get "2 focal lengths from each lens" (a 50mm f/1.8 lens is still a 50mm f/1.8 lens), APS-C mode is just automatically cropping the centre of the image.

I'd imagine that shooting in crop mode is easier than cropping for reasons of accurate framing and perspective.

I'd imagine that shooting in crop mode is easier than cropping for reasons of accurate framing and perspective.
exactly that - its very useful on the new sonys that you can map it to a c button and switch between them quickly. its also a good point for video - being able to get the two ranges from one prime.

Ive recently bought the same too and started with the 50/1.4 CZ

Next lens is 35/1.4 CZ

Then Sony FE 85/1.8

Sigma 105/1.4 Art

That would be a solid wedding set up.

Back