£500 to spend......

Name
suze
Edit My Images
No
If you had £500 to spend on a nice nikon (for a D60 so has to autofocus)...or anoter brand to use on the D60

you were into photographing horses/dogs in particular.... at a distance and speed involved....

i know its not a massive budget but im a student.....

what would you get AND why?!! :)

(y)

tbh that kind of money id rather buy new so i can insure/warranty it.... i know its a tad more but that would be worth it right??

650ish from onestop digital? :/

check your insurance, mine sure covers 2nd hand kit...

A guy from here bought one from Amazon just under 600 quid yesterday.

Your house insurance will cover 2nd hand equipment and in fact it will pay out as if they were new (new for old cover). If you get the sigma 70-200 f2.8 which I think is a superb idea then you would just about have money left for a eTTL flash, remote and lamdency diffuser from FITP for about £80 plus maybe a circular polarizing filter.

Your house insurance will cover 2nd hand equipment and in fact it will pay out as if they were new (new for old cover). If you get the sigma 70-200 f2.8 which I think is a superb idea then you would just about have money left for a eTTL flash, remote and lamdency diffuser from FITP for about £80 plus maybe a circular polarizing filter.

why would i need all that?

i cant use flashes around horses/dogs sadly :( well i can use them outdoors but i do shoot indoors too!!

will this 2.8 lens help with indoor lighting too?? i have trouble doing pictures in indoor equestrian centres.....?

why would i need all that?

i cant use flashes around horses/dogs sadly :( well i can use them outdoors but i do shoot indoors too!!

will this 2.8 lens help with indoor lighting too?? i have trouble doing pictures in indoor equestrian centres.....?

With the 70-200 being quite long the onboard flash might give you "flash eclipse" where the end of the lens blocks the light from the flash. With a dedicated flash being taller this does not happen. You can use flash with dogs normally, not sure about horses but you could ask Hacker who is an expert on such things. This lens is the most important part, I was just spending the other £100 too :)

lmao feel free to spend it - im amazing at spending money :LOL:

thanks though i appreciate it :)

i use a flash around my dog - she isnt impressed but tbh i mostly do her picies outdoors and tend not to use it much as i dont want to upset her as shes my best model :LOL:

Back