£600 for games machine - What spec?

Name
Tug
Edit My Images
Yes
Ok, as the title says , my son has £600 saved, he wants the best spec machine to run latest games (Crysis3) what spec can he get for the money. No OS required.

£600 is going to be a balance between processor, memory and gfx card. Overclockers may well be a better forum to ask - that's full of people who game and can probably give you a better opinion on what the best tradeoffs at the price points are...

You may also find this useful: http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu_list.php to understand raw gfx performance.

£600 is going to be a balance between processor, memory and gfx card. Overclockers may well be a better forum to ask - that's full of people who game and can probably give you a better opinion on what the best tradeoffs at the price points are...

You may also find this useful: http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu_list.php to understand raw gfx performance.

Thanks Andy, I'll take a look and have a read on Overclockers

Just for another point of view, I'd also get a copy of the latest Custom PC magazine - it has a range of gaming focused PC specs for different price points. It does make a difference whether or not you or your son are comfortable building the PC itself from parts (which generally gives you the best bang for your buck and lets you focus the cash on the bits that make a difference). If he wants Crysis 3 etc, try to reduce specs in other areas if necessary to al least get to a Radeon 7850.

dont for get scan.co.uk

We have looked at Scan, thanks for the heads up.

Just for another point of view, I'd also get a copy of the latest Custom PC magazine - it has a range of gaming focused PC specs for different price points. It does make a difference whether or not you or your son are comfortable building the PC itself from parts (which generally gives you the best bang for your buck and lets you focus the cash on the bits that make a difference). If he wants Crysis 3 etc, try to reduce specs in other areas if necessary to al least get to a Radeon 7850.

Thank you, great suggestion.

Never really looked into over clocking but it has a desktop shortcut to a window that you can adjust various settings... Not really my bag but I guess young Ricky will soon have it sorted out. He thinks its Xmas all over again ...

Thank you all for your advice and suggestions.

Back