Answered ‘Your IP address has been banned’

I can't see you latest IP in the list of banned addresses, please could you reboot and try again, thanks

Obviously the IP you are currently using is working.

After a little digging the server hamster told me
It looks like you tried a use a French VPN OVH SAS.
And the block you bounced off was banned last September...

I can't see you latest IP in the list of banned addresses, please could you reboot and try again, thanks
I have 'turned off' the (free iTop) VPN and all is normal again.
Thank you for taking the time, I appreciate all you do for us.

I have 'turned off' the (free iTop) VPN and all is normal again.
Thank you for taking the time, I appreciate all you do for us.
I'm glad you are sorted.
Thank you, and no worries (y)

Ovh is a huge international server provider and have millions of ip addresses, many of which are used by vpn providers and arent actually spammers, they just happened to be used once by them. Everyday I have to turn my vpn off or reboot it to get on here as it says I’m banned.
I have to use a vpn as out internet barely works without it. I’ve contacted three and they say it’s not true, but without the vpn on, I can’t even load google, turn the vpn on and everything (bar here) works again.

I get the above message quite often - have to leave it for about 1 hour then I'm allowed in! Any advice for me? ( French VPN OVH SAS.) has been mentioned, clueless as to what it means cos I'm old 80+!!

A VPN (Virtual Private Network) is a service that protects your browsing data, I use one when I am connected to public wifi. Hence I am on this thread, after turning off the VPN...

Are all VPN endpoints banned?

Reactions: Doc
I’m getting this message when trying to log in on my home computer.
Help !
I had this last week an easy fix is to turn of the router for 30 seconds and reboot - worked for me

Les :)

The problem is that spammers use VPNs to... well ... post spam without revealing their actual IP and having that blacklisted, we block VPNs from which spam originates, so probably the most popular ones are blocked.
That’s my point. They use the same vpns everyone else does for legitimate reasons. By banning them, you aren’t stopping the spammers, theyll just switch to a different one, but you are stopping genuine visitors and members If a normal person sees the you are banned message, they’ll likely just never return if they don’t know about the vpn issue.

Hi - I have just gone back to ExpressVPN as Nord is causing some issues with Monterey OSX. Now getting the banned IP address message every time I try to log on when connected via the VPN. Is there any way round this?

Thanks

Hi - I have just gone back to ExpressVPN as Nord is causing some issues with Monterey OSX. Now getting the banned IP address message every time I try to log on when connected via the VPN. Is there any way round this?

Thanks
Yep, turn off your VPN ;)

Whoops duplicate post

Back